can you claim back bank charges on a closed account

carlos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can this be done ??? me girlfriend closed her account about a 18 months ago and was wondering if she could still claim back the charges that were incurred on that account .

cheers.

Can this be done ??? me girlfriend closed her account about a 18 months ago and was wondering if she could still claim back the charges that were incurred on that account .

cheers.
yes u can

my bro did

I done it with the royal bank of scotland, claimed back seven years and got £5084 :)

Well worth doing, its your money!

here is a quote from money saving expert
"We need to know all the fines you’ve been charged by each bank or credit card, including charges from now closed accounts, over the last six years (the time period is limited by law). Now do note we’re only talking penalty charges/fines, not normal account fees.

here's a link on the steps

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,

I done it with the royal bank of scotland, claimed back seven years and got £5084 :)

Well worth doing, its your money!

Thats some refund on charges - is this just by going overdrawn by a few quid and then getting charged for receiving a letter every few days to get your account back in the black. I think it must be something more to do with compound interest or the like.

ive had a few direct debits refused and been charged 35 quid a couple of time does this mean i can claim that back ?

ive had a few direct debits refused and been charged 35 quid a couple of time does this mean i can claim that back ?

i know wat ur saying mate, my car insurance company tried to take a direct debit out my account, twice within 1 week!! and i got charged £60 for it, even thought i had already cancelled it!
fucking joke if u ask me!
now i got 2 write letter to main headquarters etc etc etc etc etc

Back