can`t scan with any image

ianmax123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I manage to get my Sagem 2 chip box working again.

My other box is a Sagem 2 Intel chip box I put the same image on it but I can’t get to work.

I notice under the service menu the channel scan is completely different setup it has an extra setting which is DISEqc ?
And Satellite Astra 19.2e
DISEqc repeates
DISEqc setting

No Brucefore or other scan channels available when try the other images.

I was just wonder why it is different to the other box

I can’t scan anything even the image Sportster with Brutforce as it does not come with Bruteforce scan is there something I need to do?
I have tried load of images but I still get the same menu in the service scan area why ?

Are you sure that your other box is a CABLE dbox? Those settings are for satellite boxes....

same box

yes is dbox sagem one with 2 chips but not itel working ok the other is the same but with intel 2 chips.

ianmax123 said:
yes is dbox sagem one with 2 chips but not itel working ok the other is the same but with intel 2 chips.

you can try de's new image in the downloads if it was a 1x as i tested it and i t picked up the channels without a scan thats good

cheers

tried 1 * and 2 * images

the problem is what is these setting
scan has a completely different setup it has an extra setting which is
DISEqc ?
And Satellite Astra 19.2e

DISEqc repeates
DISEqc setting

And it never changes with anyof image that I have tried form this site

the diffence of the box the one that does not work is gray

DEFINATELY a CABLE dbox2? DBOX2s come in two types remember - cable and satellite, and they both look the same apart from the connections on the back.

You can try deleting the satellites.xml file from the image to see if that helps you out. I think you'll find the file in /share/tuxbox

Liam

a got same problem tried to edit scan.conf to tw and rebooted came back with same sat disq also after start up it says scan for channels when you press home the mute appears top right handside tried flashfxp and ifa no joy will keep bashing away

the connect are differnt being to think its satellites connect box cant seem remove satellites.xml file will this box work on cable ?
wil it work on are satellites sevice ?

ianmax123 said:
the connect are differnt being to think its satellites connect box cant seem remove satellites.xml file will this box work on cable ?
wil it work on are satellites sevice ?

Any update on this thread yet? I have one the same, definately cable box, first it said Deutchland something or other now it is astra satellitie I did manage one brute force scan but nothing since just astra 1.9e

@ianmax if the connections are diff then it's a satellite box and would be easier and cheaper to sell than to get it to work on cable. as a lot is different not just the tuner

@macnasty if yours if definatley a cable box the easiest thing to do would flash a different image

I've flashed with many, it is most definately cable, I presume it has a hardware fault, maybe a dry joint cause it worked fine till it heats up, like I said it said Telesomething Deustchland before but now it says astra....weird, although i will try the new boxcracker on it i spose, nothing to lose

This has just happend to mine, was working fine but had channels missing, so I did a brute force scan but when it returned from the scan it now thinkits a sat system, dont know what to do !!!

Any ideas??

Chaps,
I've got the same fault.

Mine is definetely a cable box and it worked for about a week. Then the box starts to think it is a satellite box. Some replies that I have had suggest it is a hardware fault. But nobody told me how to troublshoot furthur.

Would be grateful if someone fixed this

cheers

Back