Can Someone Please Explain

derekwd

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a sagem 1x and have trouble with picture freezing, today switched on tv and dbox pic was froze, left tv on with pic froze turned on pc and run bitcontrol
an it was playin no problem yet sill froze on tv,!!!!!

hope some one can explain.

cheers

might have somting to do with Ucode, not sure tho

think its on the box, and bitcontrol just grabs the direct stream...

liamcrayden said:
think its on the box, and bitcontrol just grabs the direct stream...

Thanks for that m8, i have just managed to do exact same thing again just to confirm to my self , and was the same box froze, pc showing chanel no prob, if as you say then all this freezing ppl seem to get inc. me must be after stream goes through image but if that is the case then how come some images are better than others for cureing freezing, boy is this weired or what.

If you stream from box to pc only the datas will be transfered. Mpeg decoding will be done from the pc.
What do you get if you record a film and watch then the recorded film via box.

mgb, i am afraid i am not set up to record to pc useing bitcontrol only veiwing, i am set up to record to dvd writer with hd, and pretty sure but not 100% as when dbox was froze it still recorded to hd onto philips hdrw 720. but it wont dbox wont freeze again so i can confirm.
Seems silly realy everyone else wants to stop freezing and i want it to freeze again so i can confirm it still writes to philips hd. lol
will let you know if i can confirm .

If you watch via box the c-cube aviachip is used for doing the mpeg decoding job.
If you record with your dvb recorder connected to scart you record the ready made up picture and get also freezes.

So based on that info the freezing pic a lot of ppl get must be something to do with mpeg decoding on the box and it can still pass the stream through to pc unfroze , is this correct ?

It can be something to do with mpeg decoding.
A other possiblity is a problem with the gtx/enx aviachip which is controled from the ucode.bin.
In your case the enx aviachip for your sagem is ok.

Thanks for that mgb. thats good to know.
It just seemed strange as it was ok on pc when froze on tv, and i could not understand why. (still not sure i understand a bit to techy for me. lol )
cheers

The tuner convert the signal to bits and bytes, the gtx/enx aviachip sort out the datastreams for the choosen channel, the c-cube aviachip convert the mpeg datas to a full digital picture, the philips saa chip convert the digital picture to a analog picture and send the analog picture to the scart sockets.
If you do streaming you get the datas after the gtx/enx aviachip send to your pc.

Thanks for explaining it so easy to understand mgb,so any freezing is after the gtx/enx avia chip and that is why pc was ok.

cheers

Back