Can someone please check if these settings are fine for Excw

digitalspree

Inactive User
Reaction score
using ambit 250 modem, cant seem to get connected. Tried various macs which i got from a friend nearby.

Thanks

The TFTP server looks wrong for a start M8 and shouldn't it be tuner 19?

Last edited:
I got the tftp using this:

goto network connections, right click nic and select 'status', support, details.

the dhcp server there is ur tftp server address

Do i do this while using my orig modem? as i am using it right now, not sure if it changes wen i go of.

i am not sure if its tuner 19 or 14. I read on another thread for ambit 200 which said for excw its 14.

I think Lincsat is right your settings are wrong. Connect your orig kit up without router and the do Start > Run > cmd > ok >Ipconfig /all and then take tftp settings as the dhcp server. I would try the tuner as 19.

just tried it with the new tftp and tuner 19 still no luck. Annex mode? is it ok as 1? i tried all 3

I used b on mine. Try setting it to b and if that does not make difference trya

just tried it with the new tftp and tuner 19 still no luck. Annex mode? is it ok as 1? i tried all 3
annex a or 1 u need to use tuner 19 and use this cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm as ur config file and whats the tftp ip address ur using

annex a or 1 u need to use tuner 19 and use this cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm as ur config file and whats the tftp ip address ur using

I got the tftp ip using one of the posts you made on a thread.

got the tftp using this:

goto network connections, right click nic and select 'status', support, details.

the dhcp server there is ur tftp server address

Just tried again but still no luck. I tried with both 1 and 2 it dosent allow me to use letters a, b (dosent update them)

i have attached connection status image and modem status details

Startup Procedure
Procedure Status Comment
Acquire Downstream Channel 0 Hz In Progress
Connectivity State In Progress Not Synchronized
Boot State In Progress Unknown
Configuration File In Progress
Security Disabled Disabled

Downstream Channel
Lock Status Not Locked Modulation unknown
Channel ID 0 Symbol rate 5056941
Downstream Frequency 0 Hz Downstream Power -5.4 dBmV
SNR 24.5 dB

Upstream Channel
Lock Status Not Locked Modulation QPSK
Channel ID 0 Symbol rat 0 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency 0 Hz Upstream Power 8.3 dBmV

Status
System Up Time 0 days 00h:02m:38s
Network Access Denied
Cable Modem IP Address 0.0.0.0

That only works when you are actually connected to the Internet directly without a router. It won't work if you're using the hacked modem without an internet connection.

yea i have noticed when i use original modem it shows diff ip etc when i use the one i have modded it shows that.

modem status details are they looking on the right track? Says network access denied not sure how i can get it to allow access etc

It will say denied if the MAC is no good, or you have an invalid TFTP server address.

Thank you all, i have managed to complete the job with help from gentlex. When using 250 config program it didnt allow me to select Annex A it only set numbers, so i had to do this on hyperterminal. Now its up and running but getting slow speeds. Slower then my orig

Thank you all, i have managed to complete the job with help from gentlex. When using 250 config program it didnt allow me to select Annex A it only set numbers, so i had to do this on hyperterminal. Now its up and running but getting slow speeds. Slower then my orig
no problem m8... i was having play with the 250 cofigurator yesterday with mix result on webstar, 1 time it worked the next time it didnt and the main thing i notice was it does always write the infomation u enter on it and that why so many peops r having a hardtime using it. i fine hpyertrminal is lot more accurate to use

Back