can it be chipped/modded?

NO mate it doesn't look close to it either. Everytime someone gets close Sony counter it with the updates :Chainsaw:

No sorry to be the bearer of bad news lol

well apparently this is not correct information as one of my mates has just had his done with 5 blu ray disc( games ) for £90.
he assures me this is real and im going to verify it at weekend.
hmmmmmm strange huh

please let us know more if this info is correct.

well apparently this is not correct information as one of my mates has just had his done with 5 blu ray disc( games ) for £90.
hmmmmmm strange huh

May be copies of blu-rays, but no-one is able to modify them to play games.

hmmmmmm strange huh

he is talking absolute bullsh1t. do u seriously believe that if the ps3 were hacked, then we wouldnt know about it on the website,

hmmmmmm strange huh

Total Bullshit.

You're mate is talking out of his arse.

a bit strong mate only asking too make sure if this was correct or not i will validate this at weekend.

Strong?

:err:

Don't waste your time mate, it's nonsense.

Phone him up and quiz him on it, he'll soon change his story.

total rubbish mate, it would be all over the net if you could get pass all the copy protection just by doing back ups on Blue ray disks, i'd be buying a blue ray drive before you can say Boo.
What i will say is a good mate of mine works for Evolution Studios as its in Runcorn where i live, they made Motorstorm and have developed a few more games for the ps3. So when it comes to this side he knows his stuff. The only way they can play back up stuff on the ps3's is on the testing systems they got from Sony and they use them for debuggin etc.
There is NO other way at the moment.

it cant be done
it will be a long time b4 it can
bobo

I've always wondered how games demos can be downloaded and run on the PS3, maybe this is an area that people are looking at.

Oh on the game developer front, they have special machines (PS3s) from Sony which allows them to run their backup betas.

yeah, they are dev machines.

The demos and other software from PSN can run as they have been made with the SDK from Sony.

im pretty sure you cant. There's a shop not far from where i live, they been modding consoles since the ps1 came out and up until now they haven't found a solution, or for that matter used anyone else's solution..

Back