Can I use an old Pace box as a second receiver

ctsw2001

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right,

I have a SMT2110c legitimatly receiving Virgin's XL package.
I have an old Pace Di4001NC and old NTL card from my parents old house.

I've plugged the pace in with the foreign card and get a couple of free view channels
I've put my own smartcard in it and it says it donesn't match the Pace's box number

Is there anything I can do to get my currently paid XL package through this Pace as a secondary box ?

Second opinion anybody lol

What's the cheapest second box option ?

Last edited:
Look up some posts about card sharing. You would need 2 boxes, like 2 DM500c boxes, one has the original card in and shares the details with the other box. But there's a catch, I believe you need a number from the card to match it with your box, and no one has realeased the information in how to this yet, I beleive!!!

But, you might be able to get this number from your old card if it's the same one from the box now using the new Nagra 3 card. I haven't looked into this much myself so this is what I beleive to be the case... just take a look atround the forum and see what you can find out!! Some of my info here might be off or wrong but will be in the ball park...

Also you could get a second box for a tenner extra or so a month and give it to your parents (if thats what you were looking to do?)

The easiest way is to pay the extra £10 a month for a second box, if you've been with virgin for a few years ring retentions and see what discount they'll give if you say you're off to sky. It's worked for me and my dad.

Back