Can i use a ambit 120 Mac on a Ambit 100

stellarocksme

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi, just a quickie, im having trouble changing the Mac on a Ambit 100 :flame: , The Mac is from a 120. So do i need the Cable feed (Coax) plugged in while im changing the Mac ?

The problem (LOG) in in my other thread (Ambit 100 a bit of help please) : shocked2

Thanks for all your help

:Cheers:

Wanyib

Inactive User
Reaction score
Yes you can use a 120 mac on a 100 and a 100 mac on a 120.

Are you getting anything in hyperterminal? And has your modem taken the update? If your modem has taken the update you will not be able to write a new mac to the modem unless you use a Willem programmer.

However the Willem is for advance users only as it require you lifting a chip from the modem to re-program it then soldering all the 48 little pins (I think that's how mant there is...) back in the correct place.

Hope this helps :xmas:

What I would like to know is can I use an Ambit mac on a sb4200? I am awaiting my sb4200 arriving after giving up on my once trusty Ambit........

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
you cant go worng! unless the modem has taken the new firmware!! check 192.168.100.1 root for user name and password. If NT* ,ogo is there then its flashing time!!

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry m8 i have nfi whats up with that? What i do is keep a txt document with the no update command/mac change commands in and change the mac each time in it . Firstly i plug me max232 in then i connect it to me modem. Open up hyperterm like i made a saved connection so i dont have to do baud rate or w/e the f00k it is each time. Then i plug it in some txt comes up and goes crazy then i do the no update command each time i dunno why i just do the no update each time unless im in a rush then i skip straight to just the mac change one. so after i do the no update i unplug the power cable whack in the feed put the power back in and w8 a few secs till i get a command line then i do the mac change command and thats it basically reboot modem check im online thats it then whack the modem back into me wifi router .. Hope that helped m8 :Cheers:

Last edited:
TEST