Advice Can I get smart light switches to control standard downlights? And can I control via phone?

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just interested guys had them a while but they are not smart lights. Is there anything I can do the get the results I want?

yes, but you knead to be happy to change a light switch, most uk light circuits only switch the live so you have to buy a switch that dose not require a neutral to work, you may require a spacer or even replacing the back box.

newer lighting circuits have live and neutral at the switch but you would have to check alternatively you could use a wifi switch and leave the light switch on for example SONOFF DUAL: WiFi Smart Switch to control 2 devices | SONOFF Official

google "smart light switch no neutral uk"

i used Mi|Home Smart Single Light Switch (Chrome)

disclaimer you should consult a qualified electrician befor working on any electrics

Sorry I never responded.to.this guys, this went on the back burner when covid hit. Basically I have 9 standard downlights in my front room, 3 on one switch 6 on the other. The bulbs dim and change colour with a little ir remote. Basically I want to do away with the remotes, but still be able to dim / change colour / turn individual lights on / off via an app on my phone. Is this even possible? And what would be the cheapest options with the functionality we need

Thanks in advance guys

Looks like your onto a winner here bro can they just go into my standard fittings? Do I need anything extra or is the WiFi in the bulb and powered by the electric in the light?

Built in bluetooth just use the app to control them , check the size of the hole you already have on the fited ones as they are 2 different sizes you can get

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414_013931_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414_013931_Chrome.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 3
Back