Can I downgrade 2.5 version psp

badaman

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK peepes need a little help on this one, I'm @ work and my mate has brought his psp into work for me to downgrade: shocked2
Just wondering can this be done and if so which files do I need..thanks

-Badaman

easiest way is to update to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.5
you will need to check if the psp has a ta-082 motherboard or not.

if it has ic1003 as shown HERE then you have a ta-082 motherboard, if that is the case then DONT use the 2.71 downgrader in the post below. you will need this 1 instead : easy 2.71 ta-082 downgrader.
please note the downgrade may differ slightly from the ta-082 and the non ta-082 so always read the "read me" that comes with the downgrader.

read my post here : http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=115795

Last edited:
Kryton,

Thanks for the feedback m8y, I'm taking his psp home with me so that I can downgrade it over the weekend - I couldn't see a ta-082 I'm a little unsure how to tell - but will keep you all posted with any q's that I my have before I decide to do it.

-Badaman

how to detect one

h**p://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=164

Kryton,

Thanks for the feedback m8y, I'm taking his psp home with me so that I can downgrade it over the weekend - I couldn't see a ta-082 I'm a little unsure how to tell - but will keep you all posted with any q's that I my have before I decide to do it.

-Badaman

it's linked in my post aswell mate. click on the yellow "HERE" it will show you what to look for. which is the letters ic1003 in gold behind the UMD door

Back