Can i claim these bank charges? £600 in 3 months

vicz84

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello peeps,
i have a silver account with lloyds bank and have really been using it for the past 5-6 months since i left university. i didnt have no money in that account as i used another one with a diffenret bank. now it all stared by one direct debit payment that was meant to come out from that account but was declined due to no funds. now cuz of that the bank charged £35 and an unplanned overdraft fees of £35 again. they then wrote to say if i dont pay any money in the account i will be charged £15 dialy for interest which is very shocking as thats a rip off. 10 days went by i was charged £150 , then again they charged me with an unplanned overdraft fees of £35 and then again the £150 and this has been goin on for 3 -4 months. for the 2 months i wasnt in the country as i went on holiday. now they're demanding nearlly £600 in their charges. do u think i have to pay them or can i claim them back?
thanks

hello peeps,
i have a silver account with lloyds bank and have really been using it for the past 5-6 months since i left university. i didnt have no money in that account as i used another one with a diffenret bank. now it all stared by one direct debit payment that was meant to come out from that account but was declined due to no funds. now cuz of that the bank charged £35 and an unplanned overdraft fees of £35 again. they then wrote to say if i dont pay any money in the account i will be charged £15 dialy for interest which is very shocking as thats a rip off. 10 days went by i was charged £150 , then again they charged me with an unplanned overdraft fees of £35 and then again the £150 and this has been goin on for 3 -4 months. for the 2 months i wasnt in the country as i went on holiday. now they're demanding nearlly £600 in their charges. do u think i have to pay them or can i claim them back?
thanks

You can claim them back but at the minute there is a case at court which they lost but have appealed and we have to wait on the result of the case. If you claim them back they will freeze the complaint until the outcome but it is possible in hardship cases to force them to deal with it.

Have a look at Sargies thread below and he explains how to do everything you need.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/127938/

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you are still overdrawn and they will still be adding fees, if you are you need to deal with it as soon as possible. So that they put a freeze on charges. Lloyds aren't very sympathetic in my experiance so use the info in sargies post asap.

thebigman

you will liable to pay them wether you were in or out the country, their arguement will be rules are rules and you should be aware of these transactions to and from your bank account, had same problems so i wouldnt hold much hope

Back