DVB - PC Cards Can anyone recommend a DVB-C card for the PC?

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a DVB-C card for my PC. Hoping to learn more about cable, nagra, logging, etc. but not really sure where to start.

This model has a common interface slot which would be good for learning about cards (but it's almost £90 :().

And help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Nice one Jon, thanks for that! It doesn't mention that it can handle HD whereas the other link can?

Hi Devilfish, I've got the one Jon linked to as well and am able to watch BBCHD in My Theatre. I've not had any luck with ITVHD yet as I'm getting a no-audio problem, although I haven't explored why yet .

I hope they bring out some more HD stuff though!

It says 1080i on the packaging, but I have not got it going with BBC HD, but I think that is more down to codecs and maybe the graph I'm using.

Time for a new post on BBC HD lol

Hi Devilfish, I've got the one Jon linked to as well and am able to watch BBCHD in My Theatre. I've not had any luck with ITVHD yet as I'm getting a no-audio problem, although I haven't explored why yet .

I hope they bring out some more HD stuff though!

posted at the same time how did you get BBC HD going

Just double clicked on it like all the other channels.

Maybe its because the right codecs are installed on my machine?

No sound with my firedtv card on BBChd
tried allsorts with no luck
picture looks good tho lol!
Gerner - the cas2 should be here by the end of the week so i'll have some updates on the cam situation

Any idea what the codecs are?

When I click on BBC HD, the picture just freezes on the channel before and does nothing till I change back to another SD channel.

Not sure what the codec is tbh, i've got a codec pack installed, a K-Lite one I think, and it seems to do the trick. When I get back home on friday I'll see if I can find out what you need.

I can watch and hear BBCHD using the Nvidia Codec in Mytheatre - though I do notice it changes the output sound on my amp to AC3

if you use windvd7 codecs you can listen to ac3 (BBChd) audio without an external amp, i have nvidia set for video and intervideo set for audio, unlike the sat bbchd channel this is broadcast in mpeg2 so for software that offers options to set h264 codec it is not needed. to be honest i'm pretty pleased really as the sky bbchd demo really takes a lot of power and even with my setup i occasionally dropped frames.

guys out of interest what cams/cards do you use with the card posted in the first two replies.

Cheers

guys out of interest what cams/cards do you use with the card posted in the first two replies.

Cheers

I dont use a hard CAM and card, instead I use a softCam (cmbination of Fanrir and Yankse) these can be found for all areas in the "watch NTL on PC" thread, arround page 10.

Maybe those posts should be moved to a sticky?

Back