Advice and guides Can anyone identify this tripod...?

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone identify this tripod...?

View attachment 76996

The pan/tilt head locking bolt broke on my trusty old Vanguard tripod which made it virtually unusable... so my sister gave me her tripod that she bought ages ago but never used... it's a much better tripod than the one I was using... so I'm really pleased she gave it to me...!!

Completely as a matter of interest I have been trying to identify the make/model... but even after exhaustive internet searches including eBay/Amazon/Artos and various online camera shops/dedicated tripod manufacturers... I still cannot find the exact/same tripod anywhere...!!

There's no identifying marks anywhere on the tripod to suggest a manufacturer... the only thing I can see is a sticker on the central column which states... "Drop Control & Grip Lock" ...however the tripod was given to me in a Velbon soft carry case... so could it actually be an older model Velbon Tripod...?

View attachment 76997

The tripod has one very unusual feature which may aid identification... the 'Spot Level Bubble' is in a rather peculiar position... it's right next to the Quick Release Shoe which is strange because it then becomes completely obscured when the camera is attached... was this a design flaw...?

Again after exhaustive internet searches... I am yet to see any other make/model of tripod which has the 'Spot Level Bubble' in the exact/same position...

Any help with identification would be most appreciated...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

To be honest, it looks like a generic tripod that you tend to get with camcorders. That would explain both the placement of the level and the strange shape of the release plate.

Back