Camping.

mcgirt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Alrite folks,

I'm going camping this weekend with a few mates, a few dogs and a few kids. We're heading to the north of Scotland but have no preference on east or west.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to camp that's not a camping site. I don't mind parking up the cars and walking a little to get there but obviously with kids and equipment we won't want to trek for miles.

An Ideal site would be away from any main/busy roads, a loch or river near by and not to busy with other people.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Ta.

Have a Google for [GOOGLE]wild camping Scotland[/GOOGLE].

Oh, if you've a sweet tooth or need some glucose for hiking, buy some butter tablet whilst you're up there. In texture it's some where between fudge and Kendel mint cake. In taste it's like butter fudge with a hint of vanilla.

If you can, get yourself some Skin So Soft moisturiser from Avon. It's much better at keeping the midges away than the real midge repellents and better than looking like a beekeeper the whole time.

Thanks for the replies, I'll check those links.

I usually go up to glen Lyon, near Killin, and have been up Pitlochry way a few times too. The way things look currently it's going to be a mystery tour, which from experience has always made it a bit more exciting.

I'm stocked up on skin so soft from hill walking and previous camping trips so I covered there, literally!

Once again thanks for the tips, rep added.

never been camping in scotland, we usually go to wastwater and pitch up there, but take some photys and post, always wanted to go to west coast of scotland.

I usually head up to Braemar when I want a night under canvas.

If you head up the A93, past Glenshee, head along the windy road, up the Devils elbow and along a bit, you should see a small bridge on the left hand side of the road with a "No Buses" sign next to it.

Take that road, cross the cattle grid, and look out for a space to park up further along.

If it's good weather, there can be a few other people there, so best going early. It also runs parallel to a river, so if you don't like the sound of trickling water, or Oyster Catchers squealing all night, then it may not be for you.

HERE'S the junction.

There are some inconsiderate sh1ts who leave their rubbish lying around, but it's generally clean, and most people tidy up after themselves.

I've got a quieter bit around that area where I go, but it involves trekking a couple of miles from the road, I quite fancy heading up again in the next few weeks for a bit of P&Q.

Thanks for the replies, I'll check those links.

I usually go up to glen Lyon, near Killin, and have been up Pitlochry way a few times too. The way things look currently it's going to be a mystery tour, which from experience has always made it a bit more exciting.

I'm stocked up on skin so soft from hill walking and previous camping trips so I covered there, literally!

Once again thanks for the tips, rep added.
i was going to say loch cashlie mate but if you have been to the Lyon then you probably been to the cashlie as its next to each other..and Donnie the game keeper is down to earth he only takes £5 and you can fish and camp all weekend he doesn't mind as long as you take your rubbish home or away with you..i take my kids up nearly every weekend its great for a drink and chill out peace and quiet and the fishing is not to bad ive allways caught half pound to a 2 pound wild brownie..there salmon runs through as well but ive not caught one yet my dad caught one last year tho

Alrite folks,

We're heading to the north of Scotland
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Ta.

My initial answer was going to be 'The Faroe Islands' as they are deffo north of Scotland.

But I didn't, so......

I went here when I was in the TA many moons ago (we built the viewing platforms, yah us !) and it was a rugged but stunning place....

Home

But watch out for the turd behind the large bush.

:)

Wherever you go m8 I hope the weather will be kind to you.

I'm going myself in the direction of devon so I hope we can get some good weather there too.

Back