Camera Question about Tom Tom 5.0 5.2 or 6

new2itall

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi is there any way of getting the Tom Tom program to pre-warn us of the Fixed and Mobile cameras rather than it just putting a nice picture of a camera (poi) by the road for you to see as you've just drove too fast past it???

I am running tomtom5 mobile on a nokia 6680 putting the camera warnings in the uk map as you do POI.

Thanks Rich

:ASSFLASH:

Hi is there any way of getting the Tom Tom program to pre-warn us of the Fixed and Mobile cameras rather than it just putting a nice picture of a camera (poi) by the road for you to see as you've just drove too fast past it???

I am running tomtom5 mobile on a nokia 6680 putting the camera warnings in the uk map as you do POI.

Thanks Rich

:ASSFLASH:

Hi, yes it is possible to get an audio warning when approaching a camera.
Go to Change Preferences, Manage POI (on 2nd page), Warn when POI near, from here select the various pocketgps cameras and set the distance when warning is given. Hope this helps!!

Main Menu

Select Option 5 Change Preferences

Page 2 of Preferences

Select Option 4 Manage POI

Select Option 4 Warn when near POI

Select camera (one at a time) and set distance for warning (repeat for all cameras)

You can also change the standard alarm tones for actual camera names and speed voices so it will verbally tell you of a camera (and type) along with speed zone you are entering as you are approaching it, and these can be obtained from the gpspassion website.

There is a data.chk file that you select to suit what version tomtom you are running and follow the instructions as to were to replace the current one.

You can also change the standard alarm tones for actual camera names and speed voices so it will verbally tell you of a camera (and type) along with speed zone you are entering as you are approaching it, and these can be obtained from the gpspassion website.

There is a data.chk file that you select to suit what version tomtom you are running and follow the instructions as to were to replace the current one.

I'm really really interested in having the speed limit warned with the camera but unsure how to do this and where to get the speeds from :)
I checked GPSPassion but couldn't find them.

Please help :)

Back