Call of Duty: Black Ops

looks a cracking game mate, just hope its not over as soon as MW2 was!!

think i will go for MOH , all the COD seem to look the same now

MoH looks like MW to me.....Black Ops from what I've seen of it, which is admittedly very little, looks very different than usual because it's setting seems to be in a jungle. Graphically it reminds me of a poor man's Crysis lol.

I'm a COD Fanboy and proud of it. :)

Installing MoH on my 360 as I type this, used to adore MOH on my PSX and PS2.

Airborne was good, but checkpoints etc let it down.

Why is this game called Medal of Honor anyway?

Medal of Honor came out more than 10 years ago on the PSX, and this is not a remake, so what's with the name? :err:

cant wait for this already resvered my copy a while back , mw2 killed that todeath like that fact you can call in the remote control car .

I'm a COD Fanboy and proud of it. :)

Installing MoH on my 360 as I type this, used to adore MOH on my PSX and PS2.

Airborne was good, but checkpoints etc let it down.

Why is this game called Medal of Honor anyway?

Medal of Honor came out more than 10 years ago on the PSX, and this is not a remake, so what's with the name? :err:

I see your point, it's just franchise recognition I think mind you saying that they should have called it MOH: Modern Operations (worst title ever lol) or something rather than just MOH. As you said it's not a remake.

Treyarch must be one of the worst AAA game producers around, only they can release patches to fix 1 problem and cause 10 other problems to crop up in their place.
I gave them another chance hoping they would learn their lesson from World at War but they have not.

After paying at least £5 more than any other new game released on market and getting first of all a clearly rushed to release game, followed by incompetant error fixing it is unacceptable. It's strange that in other industries this would not be tolerated but in the gaming industry it is.

I will not be buying another CoD title, and probably skip any Activision title unless its made by Blizzard.

Rant over. :proud:

I think Black Ops is only the 3rd or maybe 4th game I have ever paid for, purely so I can play it online.

The first release ran like a dog but updated vid drivers and the BO/steam patch fixed everything and its smooth as anything now.

I love it, and will be getting the maps when released.

:)

Seems gamers on XBOX love it, PS3 seems to be mix of love and hate, and PC gamers seem to hate it lol

MW3 already announced, even though Treyarch are not developing it, lot of COD fans (on PC version) I know will not be getting it, the gaming community i'm in which has bought COD4, MW2, and black ops will not be buying MW3 purely because of the trash company that Activision has become

BlOps' single player campain was too short (though not as short as MW2). The 2 easter eggs (Dead Ops and Zork) are fun.

The multiplayer aspect of BlOps is much better than that of MW2 - what were Infinity Ward thinking when they decided not to use dedicated servers for the PC version?

What puts a lot of PC players off is paying for just for maps. If you got exclusive content such as weapons or perks - much like EA did with Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 - we might be more inclined to buy them. Also PC players have the hardware to play larger maps with larger draw distances to allow for meaningful use of vehicles, i.e. over a large area. The tank campains on WaW SP were some of the better maps, yet in MP the tank maps were not much bigger than a shoe box. The only fully controllable vehicle in BlOps is the RC-XD.

Think I'll be skipping MW3 in favour of Battlefield 3...

Last edited:
LoL you just reminded me I have played like 20 minutes of SP and thats it, need to finish it at least.

I will definitely be buying BF3 over MW3, DiCE said last year that they have developed BC2 in mind for consoles and BF3 will be in mind for PCs, hoping they'll stay true to that. They have developed an entirely new engine for BF3 and from the 1st proper trailer they released it looks amazing, much better model animation.

Hopefully by end of year I'll have my preferred mix of excellent FPS and a good MMORPG to play.

Back