Cabo on Hispasat 30 W

T

TedJones

Hi,

I'm having problems receiving TV Cabo on Hispasat, actually I cant receive it at all. The funny thing is though that the D+ package on the vertical polarity works perfectly, so this leads me to beleive that it is not a dish alignment problem.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Setup is:

Golden Interstar DSR8005 CI Receiver
80cm motorised dish with STAB motor
Invacom 0.3b single lnb

Thanks

try a search on 12.092 H 27500 3/4

if this returns no signal then the LNB needs replacing as the voltage switch has packed in on iy

I have the same reciever Ted. Do you have a cam in or are you using the patched firmware?

I'm using the patched firmware - it's good for most encryptions bar irdeto and conax, and key updates are quite regular on the satexperts forum, so all in all i havent seen the point in getting a cam, unless there are other benefits of which I am not aware.

I find using the cam easier as you don't have to sit for hours pressing buttons on the remote to update all the keys. Just flash the loader with the file and put the cam in. Conax isn't about anymore so don't worry about that. MediaPark is a nice package for movies on Hispasat 30 W see if you can get it.
11972 MHz Vertical 27500

Hi,

Digidude: I tried the freq 12.092 H 27500 3/4 and did not get a signal, is this conclusive evidence that my LNB has packed in? It's only a few weeks old :-(

Also, I tried 11972 MHz Vertical 27500 for Med*apark and DID get a signal however a channel scan only returned one stupid little channel - 'Test1080'.

Would faulty wiring going into the LNB also cause the voltage issue in receiving from different polarities? I'm just reluctant to accept that my brand new LNB is dodgy.

Appreciate the help

Are you sure you are tuned to Hispasat?? What other stations do you get??

You should still find them, they will just say scrambled. Have you checked your settings in Installation. Make sure you turn on LNB Voltage.

Yeah Im pretty sure, ofcourse all I can do is select Hispasat from the receiver controls and move the dish for a signal. If it isnt Hispasat Im receiving then this would be a software issue right? I will print of a list of Hispa freqs and see if they correspond to what I get on my receiver, if its not connecting to hispasat despite telling me that it is, then how in the world would i fix such a problem?

Thanks m8

Although your box says you are on Hispasat you probably are not. Are you searching for sats with Diseq or Usals. Diseq is better. But you need to find the sat manually and then store where the dish is.

Easiest way is to try and find a Frequency that is only active on Hispa. Slowly, about 2-3 steps at a time fine tune the dish East or West until you find the frequency. I found this reciever a right pain in the arse when it came to tuning in Sats. But once you get them found it's dead easy, when you have them stored.

Hi,

Thanks again for help. Yeah i think that my receiver is telling me its Hispa when in fact its Astra, as the Taquilla, Premiere and Astra Mosaic channels are being found on a TP search. I don't suppose anyone knows offhand a freq only used by Hispa :-\

I shall follow your advice and see what happens, but first its time to search for a freq used only by hispa.

thanks for the help

11535.00 V - DVB - 24500

Use this TP when moving the dish, you need to go way WEST. Keep going WEST until you get a signal appear on the display. Fine Tune it by moving STEPS. They SEARCH only that TP. If you find these channels you have found HISPASAT.

Canal Hollywood
Odisea
Canal Panda

and some others. If you don't get these check on kingofsat.net for the channel you have found. This will tell you which sat it is on. Then either go East or West. The above channels will not clear fully, you only get sound but it's a start to find the location of the sat.

Or another idea move your dish with the remote as far WEST as you can go then do the above whilst moving East.

Good Luck m8.

Back