Cabling question

Methanoid

Inactive User
Reaction score
I want to add more receivers but as standard VM provide the box on your house with a 2 way splitter - one feed for CM and one for TV effectively.

My question is which results in less signal loss.... (removed ASCII art didnt work!)

The two existing feeds split again inside the house

Outside Two Way Splitter ---->> Two feeds --->> Splitter on each to make 4 feeds total

OR

Get VM to come and fit a 4 way splitter in their box on side of house to get 4 feeds total straight from their original single feed cable

Make sense?
Anyone know which results in less signal loss?
Anyone know how much VM cost to re-do external cabling for 2 more cable runs?

Last edited:
Whether you split the signal inside or outside the house you are still splitting the signal coming down the cable.

Only way to know is to split the signal and see if u get any probs , I have 2 stb's 1 dream and a modem all split off the original cable feed with no probs

If you do then you can get a signal booster from argos around the £10 mark

Cheers

Ah but one involves ONE splitter and the other method involves TWO splitters!

Couldnt find any boosters on Argos website for £10.. one for £20.. ouch!

Wow some people what absoulutly everything for free. 20 pound for a booster for free tv.

Come on!!!

dudes i 2 telly and 3 modems and its all good, i used the main line coming into the house and did not need a signal buster, but the best way is to buy a buster you can get it from ebay for around 10 pound i got it for my sister and works great.

dudes i 2 telly and 3 modems and its all good, i used the main line coming into the house and did not need a signal buster, but the best way is to buy a buster you can get it from ebay for around 10 pound i got it for my sister and works great.

is that your sister in your avitar? lol tell her i said hi............lol

It all depends on the strength of the signal in your area. I have no problem running 3 dreamboxes along with 2 analogue TVs without a booster - just using good quality passive splitters. However, even a cheap booster will work a treat with multiple receivers.

Hi Mate

Argos do an SLX Signal Booster for £8.99. Try a Triax 3 or 4 way splitter first or even the Tratec (Made In China) that VM use.

Regards

Wizard

Back