Cabling and amplifier distribution for SKY in building with 9 flats

Munks

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hellope
I need some advice on a sat install in a new building. There are nine flats each requiring a Sky feed into the lounge (I assume twin cable/shotgun cable). I am planning on installing a single sat dish on the roof with some type of distribution system in the service riser. How would I go about doing this with the minimum amount of cable runs?

Twin cable from each room to the distribution system then a twin cable from sat dish to distribution system keep distribution system closest to the rooms

Thanks for the advice.
Any recommendations on what brand/model distribution system to use? I assume all cabling to be CT100?

Triax 5in 24 out multiswitch
Quatro lnb
Wf100 twin to each location
Quadplex modules

This is what I did almost 10 years ago but is not compatible with skyq dircectly but have seen sky now has a plug in adaptor they use for flats.

Cheers Bally. That looks like the one shown in the M&E drawings that I have, 5 from the sat dish to the multiswitch and 2 to each flat thereafter.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers Bally. That looks like the one shown in the M&E drawings that I have, 5 from the sat dish to the multiswitch and 2 to each flat thereafter.

Thanks for your help!

Yep that's right, 4 feeds are from the dish then the 5th one for terrestrial and radio.

This will give the flat option for 2 sky feeds and freeview and radio if needed.

Bally kiddah, thanks for your help on this!
What's with the Sky Q malarky, will I need to modify the setup to get it working or will Sky sort that out?

Here’s how it works

Resident requests Sky Q:
The install process begins when your resident requests Sky Q.

Access: To complete your TV set-up we will require access to the communal TV system in your building. This will need to be obtained via your building management company.

Plug-In Adaptor: Your Sky engineer will add the small Plug-In Adaptor between the communal system and the resident cables.

Install Sky Q: Your Sky engineer will then install the Sky Q box into the resident’s home.

Seems straightfoward as they deal with it all.

👍

Reactions: p2p
Back