Cable Wall Socket Screws

vik_x

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Didn't know what section to put this in.

You know the cable point that goes on the wall; This one:

View attachment 24221

Does anyone know what screw bit i need to take it off? Not to do anything dodgy, but I have had my wall re-plastered, and need to screw the box thingy back in.

Here is a close up of the screw TW have used:

View attachment 24220

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

They are star driver fitings m8 you can get then anywhere, the reason they use these are that they claim they own all equip upto and including this box, so guess they dont want you tampering with it - not really fair is it - you cant even move a box in your own house, id kick it of the wall and cal;l them to put it right.

probley the same as the one,s you use to open a box maybe a little bigger if you havent got any bit,s use long nose pliers or vice grip,s ect

That was a quick reply. Thanks.

Ive tried the long nose pliers but can't grip the bl**dy things. I guess i'll have to try and find the star driver fbit.

That was a quick reply. Thanks.

Ive tried the long nose pliers but can't grip the bl**dy things. I guess i'll have to try and find the star driver fbit.

Hi All,

Have you tried a flat bladed screw driver?
Wouldn't have thought there'd be that tight so might work.

if i remember they r not the same as a screw out of the box u need a socket type for this

you know what, wicked idea. I've got a spare one anyway, the hammers gonna be smacking the sh*t out of that box!!!

The Easiest Way To Get The Security Screws Off Is A Pair Of Miniature Wire Cutters I Have Tried It Loads Of Times
No Problems
Piece Of Piss M8.

finally got it off using the small wire cutters idea.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Back