cable splitting?

m6ttman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning on putting a DVB box in each room, five to be exact. Does anyone know what the limit for
splitting the cable is? As it is a digital signal will i see any signs of a poor picture? Would an amplfier of sorts be needed?

Thanks

Hi there i have 4 in mine and it does not affect pic....signal at all..got 2 modem in use as well...go for it..:Clap:

each time you split the feed you need to amp up by 3.5db with a filter/splitter

You can always add a cheap signal booster if you have problems, argos sell them for £8 and they work a treat ;)

i got subbed v+ and subbed pace, 2 dvb-c cards in 2 media pcs, downstairs, - upstairs 2 sammys 2100c and a dream all boxes upstairs need to be boosted (over 30m of cable) and the dream needs to be boosted again with a konig (yellow brick) tv amplifier, oh yeh and a dbox2 in the cupboard swopping with the subbed pace from time to time.

I think siganal boosters are a good idea, I am think that network loading equipment is available for industy use, is anyone aware that CCs do network laodind analysis? Not all boosters have a return path ie no talkback not a bad thing for our purposes but if you have a subbed box it would need to go in before the booster if the booster does not have a return signal path, I suspect this would also go for the modem if you have one.

Back