Peripherals Cable making skills

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey im wondering if anyone on here could make a cable up about a 2 meter long with this config and how much it would be...I would just make a mess of it with my crap soldering skills, If anyone could help that would be great...

cables-null-modem-db9-db25-1.gif

Last edited:
Hey im wondering if anyone on here could make a cable up about a 2 meter long with this config and how much it would be...I would just make a mess of it with my crap soldering skills, If anyone could help that would be great...

View attachment 80543

Have a look on ebay, like here first.

2M DE9 to DB25 Serial DB9 Female 9 pin to 25 pin Male Null Modem Cable lead 902 | eBay

The plug genders are wrong on that one (it's the first I came across) but your "correct" one will probably be there somewhere.
You could also use gender adapters with the one above, if you can't find exactly what you want.

Have a look on ebay, like here first.

2M DE9 to DB25 Serial DB9 Female 9 pin to 25 pin Male Null Modem Cable lead 902 | eBay

The plug genders are wrong on that one (it's the first I came across) but your "correct" one will probably be there somewhere.
You could also use gender adapters with the one above, if you can't find exactly what you want.

thats actually what genders i need. i copy and pasted that text so they must have it wrong. however it will have to be wired as the diagram .....im not sure if it is the same because of the crossovers?

Last edited:
thats actually what genders i need. i copy and pasted that text so they must have it wrong. however it will have to be wired as the diagram .....im not sure if it is the same because of the crossovers?
I'm not sure either, never had reason to test one, and I don't have one with those ends. But if it's a standard null modem cable you need, that's one, and only a few quid.

Plugs and cable bought separately would cost more than that. You could wait and see if someone else knows?

I'm not sure either, never had reason to test one, and I don't have one with those ends. But if it's a standard null modem cable you need, that's one, and only a few quid.

Plugs and cable bought separately would cost more than that. You could wait and see if someone else knows?

thanks mate i have emailed the seller too

Back