Cable distribution - loftbox

Hedbut

Inactive User
Reaction score
I can't believe that there is no mention of a Loftbox on these forums.

I want to distribute cable to a few rooms around the house via a Loftbox. Do I really need to have two cables from the main box in the lounge up to the Loftbox, and will several Starview boxes work from the distributed signal?

What I would do is take the cable from outside your house straight up to the loft and then distribute the cables from there to the rooms. You might need to get an amplified dist box fitted in the loft if you are making a lot of splits though.

Nice one

The cable terminates in a box on the outside of the house, then there is another one on the inside, from which the cable box is connected to with a fly lead.

So do you mean that one or both of these boxes should be moved too? Or is it just a case of extending the cable from the internal wall box - ie effectively just a long fly lead?

Nice one

The cable terminates in a box on the outside of the house, then there is another one on the inside, from which the cable box is connected to with a fly lead.

So do you mean that one or both of these boxes should be moved too? Or is it just a case of extending the cable from the internal wall box - ie effectively just a long fly lead?

he means disconnect the inside box and cable from the exterior box, then run a new cable from the exterior box up into the loft from the outside to your loft box.

Last edited:
dont use a normal amplifier as this knocks out the analogue frequency. have a word with your local dodgy cable block for a HDU unit. should pick 1 up for about 15 quid. what this device does is keeps the signal at the level it is as it enters the property no matter how many times it is split. (without dropping the analogue signal too)

he means disconnect the inside box and cable from the exterior box, then run a new cable from the exterior box up into the loft from the outside to your loft box.

You shouldn't really do that as you will be bypassing the safety Isolator that is usually found within the inside box. Any connection you make should always be from the customer side of the Isolator to protect you from VM electrical faults and VM from any electrical faults on customer equipment !

You shouldn't really do that as you will be bypassing the safety Isolator that is usually found within the inside box. Any connection you make should always be from the customer side of the Isolator to protect you from VM electrical faults and VM from any electrical faults on customer equipment !

i know you shouldnt nozz--------re-edit--he means disconnect the inside box and cable from the exterior box, then run a new cable from the exterior box up into the loft from the outside, {then connect your internal box to the new cable end, then connect the int box to your loft box via 2 f connectors.}

Back