cable channels

lynsey76

Member ++
Reaction score
when I do a scan I can see all the cable channels there but not in bold like the sat channels, is there a way for me to get these cable channels? virgin not in my area as yet

EE is not cable it is IPTV there is a big difference

i am just trying to learn these things ,ive had sly through my box for as long as i can remember, know nothing what-s0ever about cable or iptv , so if there is a big difference , can you do it through what you say is iptv? , lol, point inthat direction

IPTV i through the internet, you connect to a server it verifies your credentials and sends the stream that you have requested.

Satellite sends all streams to your disk at the same time you box then picks a stream but it is encoded and unless your box can decode it you get a black screen (currently there is no box that can decode all sky channels).

Cabel is like satellite but sends all streams through a physical cable the only provider of this in the UK is Virgin, if you have no services from them then you do not have that physical cable and cannot access their tv services.

From what your have said you need a IPTV server it will give you all channels at about £10 a month

ah, ok, now that's useful, and are these iptv servers able to get all the channels that have vanished for us?

Back