1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. DEAR Guest,

Thank you for your continued support, we have not moved software platforms since 2005!
    We was a keen vBulletin forum but vBulletin decided to make a bloated VB5 platform and drop support for VB4, We cannot continue to operate with thousands of visitors daily and a bloated software that is not supported.
    To our Long standing members we know this will be a challange and you might not like change, but please explore all options and give it a try, we will of course over the coming weeks try and bring back the items from vbulletin that you enjoyed the most.
    We have setup a thread for discussion and feedback here:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/threads/xenforo-bug-and-request-thread.453707

Thank you!

cabel -wizards wanky forum

Discussion in 'The Rant Room' started by janen1987, Feb 23, 2017.

1. janen1987

janen1987 New Member

I used to be a member years ago but lost my details & couldn't get in along with a few others...
    anyway ..
    went to re join & was banned before I started!!! had a lame message say suspected spammer or hacker!
    what do the think their hosting on there a mothers club ha ha

maybe it's the VPN !

2. Napster

Napster Global Moderator

there must have been a good reason why you was banned, and from reading your post I can see why

3. Mick

Mick Administrator Staff Member

I think anyone that runs a forum is doing it generally for the good of a community.

People generally have a problem with rules, if I went into someone else's house I would personally respect their rules. I don't see why a forum is any different!

All forums I know, the moderators and admin do the job out their own free time and to build something special for the members/community.

And the long standing members enjoy helping others and the banter and surroundings.

It's probably your vpn mate, so calling them a Wanky forum is a bit harsh.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. janen1987

janen1987 New Member

how could you know anybody before they've posted?.... & if there was good reason to ban why didn't they do that the 7 years I was already on there?

5. chookey

chookey VIP Member

The title of your thread isn't exactly nice mate, the comments you make about them in your first post aren't nice either.
    You claim you were a member for seven years but have lost your login details, your fault, not theirs.
    There are ways to contact them and sort it out but rubbishing a similar forum here is not the way to go about it.

6. janen1987

janen1987 New Member

I Thought I was in the 'Rant' room......??? :Chainsaw:

7. chookey

chookey VIP Member

You started it :proud:

8. johnboymartin

johnboymartin VIP Member

forums dont ban peploes unlest there good reson

9. johnboymartin

johnboymartin VIP Member

it was the word Wanky forum

10. craigneuk

craigneuk New Member

Here ive got to have two of them in morning to get my heart started!!

11. nara

nara VIP Member

Not necessarily.

12. chookey

chookey VIP Member

I'm not the one who was banned, nicely put though :eh?:

13. johnboymartin

johnboymartin VIP Member

i join u lol

14. buzzer

buzzer <font color="blue">Console Moderator +</font>

The O/P should steer well clear of these "w*nky" forums and start one of his/her own, if he or she thinks they can do better..

Have a go yourself before criticising others who spend their hard earned cash and time to provide you with a free product..

I for one would join and post my opinion on who runs the better forum.. :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  15. johnboymartin

johnboymartin VIP Member

and what you said is 100 per cent right

16. Spectre

Spectre Active Member Staff Member

I haven't looked into where or what it is but the IP address the OP used to sign up on this forum is in SPAM databases. A lot of VPNs and whatnot get used by botmasters and forums can be hit with hundreds of sign-up attempts per hour. It depends how the specific forum (although some can be prevented at other levels) configures their bot sign-up defence; if they were getting thousands from that IP address they might have just set the software to treat all registration attempts from that IP as spammers otherwise they would have to sort the registrations by hand.

Ban is a bit strong for an iffy IP address alone though, that doesn't happen here :).

17. john2501

john2501 New Member

Question,
    if you think it's a wanky forum why did you go back?

18. miggy

miggy VIP Member

Because he is a ****** perhaps?. ;)