cabel modems

max232 but if its taken update you will need to lift the chip and reprogram

hi wot do u mean by lift the chip
do u mean take it out ov the modem

cheears mate carnt pm any 1 yet not let me
thanks 4 ya help

by lifting i mean unsoldering the chip off the pcb and reprograming it then soldering it back on

is quit easy to
iv been payin 4 broadband for bout 2 years

haxorware chip for my Ambit:256

I have just ordered a haxorware chip for my Ambit:256 and was wonderig what chip i need to remove in order to replace it with this new one. I have an idea which one it is but just need confirmation if someone can upload a pic of it pointing out the chip or tell me is it chip U300 please thanks guys&gals

the chip to lift ( cut out is better imo ) is the one next to the 4 pin header connector, the 4 spikes standing up
8 legs on

it will look exactly the same as the chip you orderd

it will look exactly the same as the chip you orderd
As does the other chip in the left hand corner of the 256 which is a totally different chip serving another purpose.

dont do it it"ll hurt's advice should be followed in this case.

Chookey

thanks peeps i have done it now cheers for the help i now have another problem thow i have just done a 255 with a chip i ordered of ebay also logged into the haxorware software changed the mac to one i know works but just keeps saying not synced what do i need to do i am in ex c/w area and what freq should it be on any help please is there a tut on if so could someone point me the right way please thanks people

Last edited:
Back