C Ronaldo joins Juventus 100 million

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Real Madrid and Juventus have agreed to a transfer deal that will send star forward Cristiano Ronaldo to the Italian champions for a transfer fee which is expected to be the seventh 100M transfer in world soccer history.

Real Madrid and Juventus have agreed to a transfer deal that will send star forward Cristiano Ronaldo to the Italian champions for a transfer fee which is expected to be the seventh 100M transfer in world soccer history.
Real have pulled off a blinder there, can't see him being a success in Italy

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I wonder what the insurance premiums are like, 100 million which can be lost with one career ending injury

he can come to west brom 250 quid a week, how can any footballer be worth that much

Whilst it's a lot of money for Juventus to pay, they'll make triple that in shirt sales, and other deals associated with having Ronaldo there. It's quite shrewd business on all parties involved. Real will now either buy Hazard or Neymar, and like Courtois.

Fair do's to Ronaldo, he's achieved everything at Real, so he might as well move on and try another challenge before retiring. He likely feels the slower pace of the Italian game will allow him to use his trickery more, or he feels he can exploit the defenders with his pace. And it was either go to another country or come back to the PL with Man Utd, and I very much doubt that they'd sanction a 100m move for a 33 yr old.

Devastated, he is leaving. What a player.

Really good business for juventus in my opinion. When Ronaldo moved to Real they sold over 1 million jerseys in the first year in Madrid city alone with his name on it. That probably made them the bones of 50million more than half his transfer fee at the time.

I don't see anyone replacing him. He is a goal scoring machine, the greatest of all time in my book. I hope Real get mbappe to try and replace him.

The supplier has already paid for the shirt rights the sales of they shirts go to the manufacturer not the club, the club will get a lump sum payment and them the manufacturer makes the shirts and sells them to the fans

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

can someone explain this to me not a big football fan, who gets the money the player or the club.

The club but the player will get a good signing fee and also a rather large salary ;)

Well that's not entirely true. They normally have an image rights deal at most clubs, with the player getting a % and also the club getting a %.

As for the shirt sales, I dont believe it goes to the manufacturer at all. They pay for the rights to make the shirt only, nothing to do with the players who wear it, all of that money will go to the club/player dependent upon on the agreed deal.

Player will only get a big signing on fee, if its a free transfer. If a fee has been paid, player wont get a fat signing on fee, although with it being Ronaldo he likely negotiated one.

Fiat workers strike over Ronaldo signing

Workers at a Fiat Chrysler plant in Italy are to strike after its main investor decided to pay €112m (£99.2m) to sign footballer Cristiano Ronaldo for Juventus.

Both the football club and the carmaker are controlled by the Agnelli family through their holding company.

For the USB union, the decision means Fiat is missing out on investment.

It said the firm needed to guarantee the future of thousands of people, "rather than enriching only one".

The union added that it was "unacceptable" that while Fiat Chrysler workers were making "huge economic sacrifices", millions of euros were being spent on the purchase of a player.

The four-year deal to woo Ronaldo from Real Madrid was announced on Tuesday amid concern that Juventus might have overpaid for the 33-year-old forward.
Fiat workers strike over Ronaldo signing

In 24hrs Juventus sold 500,000 replica shirts with Ronaldo 7 on the back. Simple maths, at £50 a shirt makes a cool 25 million in 24hrs. I'd say that should appease the Fiat workers.

Back