buying dell laptop off ebay?

hardic

Inactive User
Reaction score
is the warrantee transferable when i buy a second hand dell laptop off ebay?
thanks

not sure about the warrentee

personally i wouldnt buy any thing like a laptop of ebay i would rather wait and buy from a shop,a bit more peace of mind in my eyes , if something goes wrong u can take it back or get a refund ,with ebay alot of hassle if if it goes wrong posting the item back and wait to have it returned or not.

shouldn't be a problem m8 as my cousin has done it in the past. Few tips for you on the information you need.

Is the laptop New, in this case it's not been registered,
it will just be telling them the asset tag on the base of the laptop and your details.

The seller can also do this on your behalf, then you can check online.

if it's 2nd hand the laptop is likely to be registered under the company/retailer or seller that had purchased it,
Dell will ask you for the name and address details of the original owner,
and then your details so that I could transfer it to over to you.

tips

1. Is it as described : brand new, unused, in original box with all original documents and cds.
(Ad says: This Notebook is unused and still in the original Dell box.
All software is still sealed and Windows remains unregistered)
2. How will warranty be transferred to you.
3. Who will transfer it.
4. What happens if any problems arise with transfer.
5. Is it already registered under their name and if so will it be a smooth transfer.

just be careful with ebay m8, and make sure the seller has a great feedback and isn't a first time seller as it could be a con.

Hi mate,

I run a laptop repair shop in stafford, I can honestly say that Dell are one of the worst companies for warranty transfers, they will interogate you when it comes to change of warranty details, only the previous owner is normally allowed to do this. This is all true if were talking about an 2nd user laptop. If new then you should have no trouble with warranty registration providing the seller you are buying from is a genuine company & offer the full paperwork with it.

You can't blame dell for being so strict, it does help track a laptop back to the original owner if its stolen. So be carfeul the goods you are buying are legit.

Best of Luck,

Indi

is the warrantee transferable when i buy a second hand dell laptop off ebay?
thanks

I would say go for it.. caz you will be paying a fraction of the price.. it also depends what you are getting...

you will find most of the times, you can get a cheaper laptop (BRAND NEW) from pcworld.. so again, I would say depends what you get.

check the description of the item, if it is brand new or the previous owner hasnt registered the laptop, you will have no problems registering it..

its true, like other companys Dell interrgate, but its alot more easier doing it online.. worked for me..

good luck, I would check pcworld before buying the laptop

Back