bush tv

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi I have a bush tv just over a year old it is in my bedroom so don't get a lot of use it has been temperamental for a few months now turn it on it lights up but no picture or get a picture but no sound I unplug it plug back in and it comes good again last nite I went up stairs red stand by light was on I turned on by remote red light went out nothing so I unplugged plugged back in nothing no red stand by light or anything any ideas please

thanx for looking

Like manic01 says, contact dealer and don't take any '12 months warranty only' bullshit from them.

The Consumer Rights Act, which replaced the Sale of Goods Act, states that products must last a "reasonable time" regardless of any warranty.

Some sellers, Richer Sounds for example, won't give you any hassle on this. Others, notably Currys/PC World, can be a right pain in the arse. You just need to stick with it.

just phoned argos clearance where I bought it they say i can only get 12 months warranty

just phoned citizen advice they told me to write a letter and give to retailer will this do
Dear Argos Clearance Bargains,

Complaint about faulty goods

I bought Bush tv from you on March 2015. I paid £120.00.

I now find the goods have the following fault:

for the last 4 months when you turn on there is either no picture/no sound you have to unplug then plug back in and it works last night after I plugged back in there was nothing no stand by light no power.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you provide me with a replacement.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Yours sincerely

just phoned citizen advice they told me to write a letter and give to retailer will this do
Dear Argos Clearance Bargains,

Complaint about faulty goods

I bought Bush tv from you on March 2015. I paid £120.00.

I now find the goods have the following fault:

for the last 4 months when you turn on there is either no picture/no sound you have to unplug then plug back in and it works last night after I plugged back in there was nothing no stand by light no power.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you provide me with a replacement.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

Yours sincerely

Yep that should do.. if it dont you can take it further also keep the letters that you send them also send the letter recorded delivery to make sure it gets there

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Be best if you could get a refund and buy a decent television. These tv's are cheap for a reason, crap Vestel boards with shitty firmware and next to no support. The quality of the build leaves a lot to be desired.
This is a 32" Bush from Argos that I'm currently in the process of repairing, perhaps skipping

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 15
Thats what I have chookey a 32" bush tv model DLED32165HD and I suspect the power board has gone its the same as the one in the picture

Get the letter sent off and threaten the seller into giving you a refund or another tv.. which ever way it goes you might end up keeping old tv then you can send the mobo of to @chookey to mend then you got a bonus tv to either keep or sell

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Last edited by a moderator:
At least with those vestel boards you have a fighting chance of replacing the components easy enough. It's been a long time since I worked on the a vestel boards, old 14" bush crt tv's but surly you can get a full service kit for it pretty cheap.

At least with those vestel boards you have a fighting chance of replacing the components easy enough. It's been a long time since I worked on the a vestel boards, old 14" bush crt tv's but surly you can get a full service kit for it pretty cheap.

Why should he? It's not his problem to sort out.

Why should he? It's not his problem to sort out.

My comment was not aimed at the derek but at chookey who had shown the picture of the vestel board hes working on. With that board he has a fighting chance of removing damaged components. The op should send his back as others have said.

These sets suffer frequently from firmware corruption. You will see I have a usb plugged into this set in the pic. This one won't respond to the update so I am going to reprogram the 2 SPI flash chips just below the usb stick in the photo.
@derek12345 it sounds as though your problem may possibly be firmware related as the symptoms you have described aren't closely relative. Only problem being that the firmware is mainboard and screen type related.
There is however a generic file for the mainboard which may start your set again if you have the same mainboard as the one in the pic. Same model number means nothing mate, may have different boards/variations inside. Having said that you have nothing to lose by trying it.
Send me your email by pm and I will attach the file and instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back