Burning ISO's

BadKarma

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello All,

Is there some special way for burning .iso backups?

It's just I have burned about 7 image.000/image.dvd backups with CloneCD and they work perfectly but the only 2 iso's I have tried to burn with CloneCD have both failed to load on the xbox. The last iso I tried was patched according to the info file.

I am using Fortis 2.4x media. This is fine for the .000 and .dvd images.

Any help much appreciated.

BK

if your trying to burn the iso directly with clone then you will have failures,you need to make a .dvd file for it,open one you have in note pad and edit the name of the file to the same as your iso then use that .dvd file to burn in clone

if its just the iso try imgburn but i think it needs to have the .dvd file with it? also try extracting the iso ul prob find the .dvd image is compressed in there

this is a bit of info i have find out on this,,not sure if this is right or not but give it a go

Burn with CloneCd and choose the image.dvd file

You can use other burning programs with the images, but ONLY if they support a manual value for the layer change, just rename image.000 to image.iso and burn it, having selected the correct value for the layer break (1913760).

Thanks for all you help guys. You can not just burn the ISO file by itself. Basically as advised I renamed the .ISO to .000 and created a .DVD file. I then used CloneCD to burn and it works perfectly.

Cheers

BK

Back