Burning .daa files?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive used gBurner as recomended by most of the owners of the torrents that I have downloaded but for some reason either the dvd's dont work once burnt or 2mins into burning it stops and fails.

Any good software out there for burning .daa files ?

Correct.

I was just thinking of a none warez way of helping the dude.

Poweriso has native .daa support.

Never heard of gburner tbh.

I've tried Power ISO and even an ISO download but keeps failing. Im trying a new download again now.

If I burn an ISO onto a DVD +RW, should it be exactly the same as burning on a DVD +R but once im done with it I can erase it?

You might be having issues because you are trying to play rw dvd's with a standard dvd player.

A lot do not like them.

try normal -r dvds.

Surely the drive im burning them from should be able to read them as well?

Surely the drive im burning them from should be able to read them as well?

I take your point.

But in the interests of trial and error, I would try and use different media, and slower burning speeds.

ok sure, ill have my new set of rw dvd's tommorow so ill trial and error with them, as so far ive wasted 6 discs now lol.

RW= re-writeable

So they are not wasted, you can just format them again.

Or are you talking about DVD+r's?

RW= re-writeable

So they are not wasted, you can just format them again.

Or are you talking about DVD+r's?

What I meant was the set of DVD +RW that are arriveing tommorow will be reuseable but the ones ive done uptil date were dvd +R's hence I had to throw them all away.

What I meant was the set of DVD +RW that are arriveing tommorow will be reuseable but the ones ive done uptil date were dvd +R's hence I had to throw them all away.

K.

Have you burned +r successfully before?

What dvd burner do you have?

Does it work ok with say Nero?

Pm me an email addy, and I will send you something.

[Should this thread be moved to computer help?]

Yeah I think this should be in the computer help section, I spend more time in General so naturally started it here.

The DVD burner is - Matshita DVD -+RW UJ-875S
I have burnt many files before but with ISO's only one was sucessfull and I havnt tried any others apart from the one im having problems with now.

Nero only been tested once so far and that failed as well.

You could always try DeepBurner, it's a free burning tool, like Nero, but lighter... And it's really easy to burn an image file with it...

Or use something like MagicISO to convert it, or extract it... (PM if necessary) ;)

Last edited:
Mobad.

It has only just occured to me. The .daa mat be a red herring.

Try this:

Start/ Contol Panel/ System

Press the '+' sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI devices

Right click on Primary IDE Channel / properties

Press advanced settings tab

Make sure any drives (Device 0 / Device 1) are using DMA as the current transfer mode.

If they are 'PIO only' then windows has automatically set the way it I/0's data to its basic level. This causes buffer problems when you burn discs.

What you need to do to fix this is the following:

Right click and delete on the offending channel (Primary/Secondary). Do not worry! This does not delete any data or srew up your install. After you have uninstalled it, you can either press the scan for hardware changes button, or restart the PC, and it should automatically install and enable DMA mode. Then your burning should be much easier.

Check the same for Secondary IDE Channel (this is where your DVD RW is most likely attached to).

Hope it helps.

Get back to me.

Thanx for the above m8 but they are all set to DMA mode.
However the DVD +RW's are here (Made by Philips). Im burning the ISO to it now and it seems better as normally it would say 5mins left on the Tesco DVD's and for these new ones its over 9mins.

Success - so what ive learnt today is never purchasse Tesco DVD's lol
Wokred first time perfectly.

lmao!

Aye always buy decent dvds/cds. The extra few pence are worth it.

Nice to see your sorted.

Back