Build advice Building new pc

endell

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm just building new PC.
Going for i7 6700k + Noctua NH-D15 cooler, 16gb hyperX fury ram, EVGA gtx 980 Ti Hybrid GPU and probably LG Ultra-wide screen 34" (always was a Samsung monitors fan, but watched loads of reviews and somehow that LG hit me).

The question is: which motherboard?

I was about to get Asus z170 pro gaming, however not sure if I have to overpay just for look - I'm not bothered about leds, colours etc as I'm keeping my "be quiet!" case which is fully closed, no windows etc.
Which mobo do you recommend?
I'm going to use it mostly for music production and gaming, casual video and graphics editing.
Also if you have any other suggestions - feel free to write.
Thanks in advance. Looking forward to read your opinions (about monitor as well maybe?)
Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi all.

Going for i7 6700k + Noctua NH-D15 cooler, 16gb hyperX fury ram, EVGA gtx 980 Ti Hybrid GPU and probably LG Ultra-wide screen 34" (always was a Samsung monitors fan, but watched loads of reviews and somehow that LG hit me).

I was about to get Asus z170 pro gaming, however not sure if I have to overpay just for look - I'm not bothered about leds, colours etc as I'm keeping my "be quiet!" case which is fully closed, no windows etc.
I'm going to use it mostly for music production and gaming, casual video and graphics editing.
Thanks in advance. Looking forward to read your opinions (about monitor as well maybe?)
Thanks guys!

welcome to dw

Hi all.

Thanks guys!

Go for quality and for use that suits your needs..let's face it nobody but you will really see it so why the need to bejazzle it..as always it should be function over form.

good psu is all I can say as for motherboard I like asus boards so paying the little bit more for them is ok by me as there boards good

I do not want to hijack your thread but I am looking to do something similar for my sixteen your old son who is into pc gaming. Looking at something like
CPU i7 6700
GPU Geforce GTX 1060
Motherboard MSI B1 50M Bazooka 03
Ram Hyperx Fury ddr3 1600 2x8gb

Comments, suggestions alternatives welcome. Thanks

I do not want to hijack your thread but I am looking to do something similar for my sixteen your old son who is into pc gaming. Looking at something like
CPU i7 6700
GPU Geforce GTX 1060
Motherboard MSI B1 50M Bazooka 03
Ram Hyperx Fury ddr3 1600 2x8gb

Comments, suggestions alternatives welcome. Thanks
Nah buddy, don't worry about that. Personally I'd go for 980ti. I know that 10** series are next gen cards but to be honest I don't think they are worth the price now. Get 980ti and spend the difference on mobo or ram. Just my opinion. Spent last few days upgrading my knowledge :)

Back