Building a new PC

dazling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all I'm about to order some bits to build a new PC but cant make my mind up on what to go for was looking at something like this:

intel 10 core-x-i9 7900 skylake -x-processor-unlocked

GigaByte X299-Aorus Gaming 7 (Socket 2066) Intel X299 ATXMotherboard

2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600MHZ CL17 - 32GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC 11GB GDDR5X

Samsung 960 PRO 1TB M.2 2280 Internal SSD

Seagate FireCuda 2TB 3.5" Hybrid Hard Drive– SSHD

But really cant make my mind up weather the i9 is worth the extra £s or should I go for the i7 Extreme ?

any help input would be most welcome.

thanks

Hi all I'm about to order some bits to build a new PC but cant make my mind up on what to go for was looking at something like this:

intel 10 core-x-i9 7900 skylake -x-processor-unlocked

GigaByte X299-Aorus Gaming 7 (Socket 2066) Intel X299 ATXMotherboard

2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600MHZ CL17 - 32GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC 11GB GDDR5X

Samsung 960 PRO 1TB M.2 2280 Internal SSD

Seagate FireCuda 2TB 3.5" Hybrid Hard Drive– SSHD

But really cant make my mind up weather the i9 is worth the extra £s or should I go for the i7 Extreme ?

any help input would be most welcome.

thanks

Very nice spec.

I say if you have the money now go with the i9
I have the i7 and gtx 1080...
These cards are a beast, the gtx 1080 ti has 35% more grunt over the 1080 so you will be future proof for some years to come.

If your looking for a good PSU i recommened the novatech branded 1000W PSU. I got mine off there site for £90 and it performs excellently.

Very nice spec.

I say if you have the money now go with the i9
I have the i7 and gtx 1080...
These cards are a beast, the gtx 1080 ti has 35% more grunt over the 1080 so you will be future proof for some years to come.

If your looking for a good PSU i recommened the novatech branded 1000W PSU. I got mine off there site for £90 and it performs excellently.
thanks for your reply I'm not in need of a PSU at the moment I have a 1200W cant remember what make it is now but it was expensive when I got it a few years ago lol

Well if he is going to get a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC 11GB GDDR5X

Must be for gaming and high-speed pc

Very nice spec indeed , i just hope you shop in cheaper places than i do...lol , that lot must be pushing towards £3K worth.

shop around can get it for 2.5k I have ordered everything except the Graphics card as since I priced it all up that has gone up over £200
so will wait to see if I can get a deal lol just waiting on the motherboard to turn up now then I can start the build also went for the
GigaByte X299-Aorus Gaming 7 Pro (Socket 2066) Intel X299 ATX Motherboard over the standard one .
to answer every ones ?s I just want a top of the range PC that is nice and fast and should last me a few years without having to upgrade again

Why RGB RAM?
I learnt an lesson - you simply don't need them. Yes they look cool but after few weeks you realize you've just spend $100+ PER STICK on that pesky lighting ;D

shop around can get it for 2.5k I have ordered everything except the Graphics card as since I priced it all up that has gone up over £200
so will wait to see if I can get a deal lol just waiting on the motherboard to turn up now then I can start the build also went for the
GigaByte X299-Aorus Gaming 7 Pro (Socket 2066) Intel X299 ATX Motherboard over the standard one .
to answer every ones ?s I just want a top of the range PC that is nice and fast and should last me a few years without having to upgrade again

Nice spec, and like you, I spent about 3k in late 2011 on a high spec beast (i7, 16gb ram, SSD). To this day, I've just upgraded the ram to 32GB and it still runs sweet.

I'm now wanting to go for a XPS 32gb laptop but not sure just yet.

And thats a sneaky post that has probs been clocked ..lol..???

Back