bugs with new image?

v14

Banned
Reaction score
anyone having any probs? i'm gettin some freezing

no problems at all, in fact the fix has started my epg working

nope....i'm definately getting freezing for about 15 seconds then clears

have just noticed that if i watch a channel for about half hour it freezes, i then have to change channels to clear it

hi
have the same prob did a reflash to see if that was the fault after that it was still the same so went into configuration returned the box to factory settings that seems to have removed the au file i installed last night on for half an hour NO FREEZING yet ? bit of a pain manually updating keys but seems to have stopped the freezing as it was getting worse every 10 min maybe wait till another vers is released
cheers

anyone else noticed freezing pictures ???

iam not going to install it then in that case :(

right enough, i think its a beta version, so ive always been very wary of beta versions of anything, or is it full version ??

its not really that big a problem but it is a bit of a pain in the ar5e considering it didnt do it b4, maybe doin the keys manually aint so bad after all

hi again
just to let yous know i entered the config menu, clear data, pin no, factory default,then it does a scan ok then back to config, clear data, clear channels, exit swich off then reflashed with the updated image did a power scan and all has been well for over 2 hrs and epg is working to :Cheers:

Passing on some information I've acquired via another forum and source:

The fix that has been uploaded is STILL the beta/TEST fix. The developer did not want to release this fix just yet as it had problems, specifically, random freezing. The REAL and FINAL fix will be released SOON, along with the REAL fix for the Eurovox 1 scart model boxes.

The fix that you are using has been leaked.

I'm not sure if thats correct information but I found that out via a very reliable mod and have also seen it posted elsewhere.

Liam

i have asked liamcrayden to delete the eurovox fix from the download section, please do not use the beta fix wait till the final fix is out

malcb said:
i have asked liamcrayden to delete the eurovox fix from the download section, please do not use the beta fix wait till the final fix is out

malcb do you want me to delete the file now or do you want to wait for feedback from users in the other thread regarding freezing problems? it might be just affected a few boxes; (but I think its a bug in the image).

Completely up to you whether I delete it or not; as you where the one you posted it :)

Liam

my freezing problem could be due to a network problem because a friend has contacted me about her dbox, its having the same problem with a message coming up about error on channel. i think if people want to download the file its up to them, lets hope the final fix is out soon

ive installed the new AU image.

i went out and left the box on, came back few hours later and everything is fine, although ive not been watching the tv as i was out, but if it froze and didnt clear its self, i suppose it would still be froze on the screen, but it aint :)

so, unless ive missed it freezing up and its rectified its self, i dunno.

but seems ok for now, iam in glasgow and on pure ntl.

Ive had the image on from the second it came out.

I installed the image, cleared all the channels, went into powerscan, put in the telepest chan freqs, done scan, rearranged all channels.

box has been fine from last night and all of friday no lock ups, no freezing, no update channel.

wifes been watching it most of the time and not nipped my ear about anything.

only thing from working on dboxes i can compair probs to is,

splitter not upto tpest or nhell standard
length of cable which can produce line noise
use of atunators
slight difference in components inside of box ( long shot but hey maybe diff pcb, or transistors etc)
bad flash of firmware

just trying to help in the elimination process of it not being the image as its NOT happening to all users.

Last edited:
BOX STILL OK
after yesterdays reset & reflash box still A1 no freezing and no messages.and epg working,
just to let yous know (may be something to do with the memory or something like that as my dbox was ok) just thinking out loud!!
cheers johny48

Last edited:
:Cheers: Box flashed with new software when it first came out no problems,better E P G. Thanks for all the effort put into release:THANKS:

update :>> my box has been running since last night with the new AU image, doesnt appear to freeze up or anything, although it could be doing it when iam not looking, lol.

Back