buggered remote chrystal?? would a magic eye work

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok chaps ive got a 2000 which im pretty sure th crystal is fooked okn-(ive got a virgin 2000 but no clue how to swap the crystals)

now my question is would one ov those magic eye thingys which plug in the back work or do they run off the same crystal

also is there any other way to do a virgin 2000 other than reading the attys-i aint got the gear to read them-or the skill to do volt method all ideas appreciated ta

violentj said:
ok chaps ive got a 2000 which im pretty sure th crystal is fooked okn-(ive got a virgin 2000 but no clue how to swap the crystals)

now my question is would one ov those magic eye thingys which plug in the back work or do they run off the same crystal

also is there any other way to do a virgin 2000 other than reading the attys-i aint got the gear to read them-or the skill to do volt method all ideas appreciated ta

You must know that you need to desolder the crystals to swap them. You also know where they are on the boards, thanks to Benny59's reply to your previous posts. http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showpost.php?p=406415&postcount=6.

I am quite sure that they are the only 2 possible methods of obtaining the bk from a 2000 in the absence of the original card. I have many years soldering experience but would only attempt the volt method as a last resort.
Perhaps you could remove the attys and ask a trusted member to read them for you.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a virgin 2000??

Regards..........Chookey:xmas:​

virgin 2000=untouched pace 2000... ive got the card wi it and should b getting a t911 tmorow so hopefully il b able to unlock it.

but my question still stands would a magic eye thingy work it

violentj said:
virgin 2000=untouched pace 2000... ive got the card wi it and should b getting a t911 tmorow so hopefully il b able to unlock it.

but my question still stands would a magic eye thingy work it

save your effort,do the virgin with a t911

Back