Buckfast

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
My friend Micky is scottish and he's always on about buckfast. :)

So i bought a bottle in the supermarket today to give it a try, and then i started wondering, does everyone drink it the same way?

Is it better chilled or room temperature? Would it be sacrilege to put 7 up and ice cubes into it? lol

i got to drink it chilled and adding a little lemonade will take the edge of it lol,

its got a high caffine content to,

i can drink but i cant get through much of this stuff tho,dont know why lol

at the end of the day try it with different mixers to find out whats best for you eva :proud:

Thanks ratts, it's in the fridge :)

I texted micky to tell him i bought it, for some reason he thinks it's very funny and i'll be totally pissed later.

Whats so special about this stuff compared to a normal bottle of wine?

Thanks ratts, it's in the fridge :)

I texted micky to tell him i bought it, for some reason he thinks it's very funny and i'll be totally pissed later.

Whats so special about this stuff compared to a normal bottle of wine?

You'll be fighting with a lamp post later on, and you'll be unable to make up your mind, do you want to go to bed or go to the disco lol..

ps: i know people who put iron bru in it.

lol it's only 14.8%, some bottles of wine are 14% these days, i definitely have to give it a go, see what all the fuss is about :)

a normal bottle of wine hasent got the caffeine in it,

i think its like drinking 10 cans of coke lol,

havent you ever had redbull and vodka :happysmile:

Ah i see, yeah i have tried red bull and vodka before lol

What i find really interesting is that it's made in England, i thought it was Scottish! Says Devon, England on the bottle :)

lol it's only 14.8%, some bottles of wine are 14% these days, i definitely have to give it a go, see what all the fuss is about :)

"Buckfast is alleged to be the drink of choice for drinkers who are prone to committing anti-social behaviour when drunk, especially drinkers under 18 years. Its high strength (15% ABV/14.8% in the Republic of Ireland), relatively low price and sweetness are characteristics that are thought to appeal to underage drinkers.[4] The drink also has a very high caffeine content, with each 750ml bottle containing the equivalent of eight cans of cola.[5]
Many politicians and social activists single out Buckfast Tonic Wine as being particularly responsible for crime, disorder, and general social deprivation in these communities. Buckfast accounts for 0.5% of alcohol sales in Scotland, although the figure is markedly higher in Lanarkshire.[6][7] Helen Liddell, former Secretary of State for Scotland, even called for the wine to be banned. The then Scottish Justice Minister, Cathy Jamieson MSP, suggested that retailers should stop selling Buckfast. On a subsequent visit to Auchinleck, a town within her constituency, she faced an impromptu demonstration by teenagers chanting "Don't ban Buckie"."

WIKIPEDIA

beware of the buckfast shits.

get some imodium just in case.

buy buckfast from super market or corner shop
place it plastic bag
find park and seat or corner so you can annoy the plebs
drink from bottle
nvm room temp cra* or all the rest of that guff
get it doon yar neck and swalie

Thanks nara and nao :)

I'm not planning on going out and i'm definitely not under 18, so i think i'll be able to to manage a little experiment with it. There isn't even a shoutbox for me to get into a row in anyway lol

Apologies in advance then if i go a bit mental later ;)

@v, it has a similar effect to the pear kopparberg then does it? lol

Do what nara says and pour it down the pan and flush the vile stuff away.

it so popular in north lanarkshire / coatbridge as it was the only place in UK where their giro's could be paid in bukky.

orrible stuff.

taste it and see.

;)

[EVIL]Buckfast the Bam's dram.[/EVIL]

do yourself a favour and take it back to the shops and see if they will swap it for something else.

either that pour it down the sink it will clear your drains. or down the lav and save yourself the hassle of spewing it up l8r:puke:

made by monks turns people into spawn of the devil.:Yikes:

but if you insist in drinking it try.

Angry Emma Cocktail Ingredients

1 bottle Buckfast

Instructions
Drink in under 1 hour to make one angry Emma!!

Irn-Buckfaster Cocktail Ingredients

3 shot Buckfast
1 shot irn bru
1 shot Bells Whiskey

Instructions
Use chilled Buckfast, put it in a high-ball with ice. Add Bells whiskey & Irn-Bru. Finish with a slice of celery. Enjoy.

bucky blue Cocktail Recipe

1/4 glass Buckfast
3/4 glass blue wkd

Instructions
buckfast in a glass then add blue wkd and stir

Buckfrost Cocktail Recipe
1/3 Glass Buckfast
2/3 Glass Frosty Jack's White Cider

Instructions
add the ingredients together and lash it down your throat! g'night and g'luck!

54% tonic Cocktail

Ingredients
1/2 bottle Buckfast
1x 440ml can Magners Cider
4x 25ml shot smirmoff vodka
1x 330ml can vimpto

Instructions
pour ingredients in above order over ice in a cocktail pitcher 54%

Angry Firret Cocktail

Ingredients
1/4 bottle Buckfast
1 shot sambuca
35ml of bushmills.
1 can lemonade

Instructions
Pour buckfast with lemonade together into pint glass with ice. Add shot of sambuca then 35ml of bushmills.

Rab - P Tip of the day before you start drinking it put 999 on speed dial you might not be in a fit state to press 3 numbers

Last edited:
Ah i see, yeah i have tried red bull and vodka before lol

What i find really interesting is that it's made in England, i thought it was Scottish! Says Devon, England on the bottle :)

thats right it is made in devon by monks lol

Thanks for the cocktail list Rab, but after all the comments i dont think i better go mixing it with vodka or whiskey or anything else alcoholic, i'll stick to bucky and 7up :)

Maybe i'll just drink half the bottle ;)

thats right it is made in devon by monks lol

made to try and get the numbers up in the old Pine Apples

so more people will end up in confession, only problem is,

most can't remember a fooking thing the next day.

Heres an article that tells you all you need to know about buckfast ... lol

How the monks created drunks.

The Abbey habit: how monks created drunks - Times Online

Sunday Times said:
with Rab on the ground clutching his belly, the YAP is still singing. They haul the drunken Rab to his feet to present him to The Times. “C’mon,” they tell him. “Get your name in the paper.” His eyes roll and he wanders around bumping into lamp-posts. “He’s like this all the time,” says Bain. “He’s mad with the drink.”

lol i'll give my opinion on it later. Not flushing it the bottle was a tenner ;)

HOW MUCH!!!!:FRIGHT:

its about £6 a bottle here!

its great stuff chilled to street temperature of course, i love it. i just prefer other stuff now. i know lads who have drank it for years and never been any worse than on vodka or cider. i used to buy 10 regal king size, 2 cans of tennents lager and a bottle out the fridge and got change from a tenner. i would drink the first can, then half of the bottle, then pour the other can into the remains and proceed to drink that. magic!

Back