Buckfast.

I remember my mum drinking the odd glass of this stuff .She used to say it was good for her and i believed her because it said something like "tonic" on the bottle so i never bothered trying it myself. Didn't need any tonic in those days !!

lol, Charlie, my mum is 100% T-Total, she's never drank booze in her life.

But...

She always used to have a bottle of Buckfast 'Tonic Wine' in the medicine cupboard, it lay there for years stale as could be until me and my older brother cracked it open and slowly drank it over a period of days ;)

They still called it Buckfast Tonic Wine, but they have a disclaimer stating that the word 'Tonic' does not imply health giving or medicinal properties.

:)

OK, both bottles are long gone and I've now had 4 cans of lager and I'm trying my best to type correctly (I've re-read this post about 6 times to make sure no mistake are present, lol).

Where's my old buddy CraigyBhoy33 (Craigend33), he's always up for good scrap, lol, headcase that he is, lool.

:)

Great thread this. Haven't laughed so much in ages :)

Although I've also been down the Buckfast or Thunderbird route, my favorite tipple as a youngster was Merrydown Cider. Oh the day's.....pmsl.

merrydown203.jpg

Been years since i touched the stuff i actually like the stuff but wouldn't go into buy now people would think im a jackie. I had to have mine cold out the fridge but my mate was weird he use to stick his bottle beside the radiator he liked his warm. And a guy a new massive guy he was could drink about 6 bottles and he could down a bottle in seconds

Merrydown Gold for me the Silver stuff is too sour :)

I used to make snakebites with Merrydown and Lager, tasted terrible but got me blitzed :)

@ Scott-ayling

My mate pours it into a glass and lets it heat up next to a fire - bizarre.

Any time I've bought Buckfast I try to do it in a shop that I don't normally use ;)

My fave teenage drink was 20/20 used to love trying all the different flavours.

I'm not ashamed to admit i had a bottle 2 weeks ago mate, me and my mates tried to relive our youths lol i was fleeing after about half of it and i also remembered why i stopped drinking it lol couldn't get to sleep either.

:sick::drunk:

I have heard all you guys talking about Buckie but never tasted it and wanted to know what it was so I googled it and 1st link was Wiki...loved the picture...lol

'commotion lotion' and 'wreck-the-hoose juice' The choice drink for anti social behavior...lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

Lol, some real gems of informatiom there!

"In recent times, Buckfast has achieved a surprising level of popularity within working class and bohemian:)wtf:) communities in certain parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland."

"Statistics record that Lanarkshire accounts for around 10% of worldwide sales."

Lol, some real gems of informatiom there!

"In recent times, Buckfast has achieved a surprising level of popularity within working class and bohemian:)wtf:) communities in certain parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland."

"Statistics record that Lanarkshire accounts for around 10% of worldwide sales."

just 10%?!?!?!?!?!?!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

do you still get the toenails at the bottom of the bottle?:sick:

Back