Btuteforce scan?

ennerdale22

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,
probably a dum question but can someone please tell me what a bruteforce scan is and how it works.ive ran normal scans in the past with a cables file i made but it does not give good results.
also whats the best image for running scans i have just installed the latest sportster image and it seems stable but not scanning great.
cheers
dave

Brute Force Scan !

Hi Ennerdale, Basically your Brute Force Scan is a more powerful scan than say your local say t***west or nthell scan it finds more channels than the other two dont ask me how it just does ! I had a dodgy tuner in a Sagem Box and tried for 2 weeks to sort it ! I got a modified Brute Force Scan file and this fixed my Sagem Box ! So go for Brute Force ! Here is the modified Brute Force File i got From Liam the Dbox 2 Master Crayden ! Try this, it should sort you out no problem ! You will need to ftp it into var/tuxbox/config/zapit on your box then unplug your box then plug in then do a scan using the brute force option !

Last edited:
Hi,

to be honest my sagem 2x finds more when I search with the telewest scan. For some reason the bruteforce can not find them all. I guess its each to there own.

de_deej

dgc808 said:
Liam the Dbox 2 Master Crayden !
LOL cheers :)

ennerdale22 said:
hi,
probably a dum question but can someone please tell me what a bruteforce scan is and how it works

a bruteforce scan basically just scans all frequencies whereas a normal type of scan may only scan specific frequencies only.

Back