BT Vision ?

bob1664

New Member ++
Reaction score
I have a BT Vision box and the card inside it is a nagra vision can it be done ? Any aswers please peeps cheers guys&gals

Last edited:
I was wondering about this also, the box it self has been dismantled and chipped and is well documented over at t-hack but I dont think anyoe has looked at the encryption before no one was bothered but now they are going to offer sky sports I would like to look into it but they havnt announced how they are going to deliver the picture , I cant see it being broadcast via terresital more likely via iptv

BT vision boxes dont use cards so dunno why yours has one inside.

BT use a cardless certificate based system which, to all intents and purposes, is uncrackable.

The boxes themselves can, however, be played with to allow them to be used as pvr boxes on freeview if you have sufficient technical knowledge. Afaik, there is no simple "readme" on doing this - you actually need to know how to get your hands dirty and do some real coding !

Bt vision boxes do have a card slot, this is for or was lol setanta sports now possibly espn. But as nozzer says it has nothing to do with the vision encryption system

My BT Vision box has 2 slots on it 1 that says smart card & the other that says veiwing card

Back