BT Sports Price Hike

dantis

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got BT Sport 'free' with BT broadband? You'll now pay up to £141/year. Most have been auto opted in to paying at least £5/month (£60/year) from 1 August. Sky TV customers with BT broadband, where their broadband contract has lapsed, face a massive £11.75/month (£141/year) cost, unless they sign a new BT broadband contract. BT says those in both camps who rarely watch BT Sport may be opted into the 'free', but scaled down, BT Lite (BT Sport 1 only).

Got BT Sport via a Sky box without BT broadband? You'll now pay £78/year more. Also from 1 August, standard prices rose from £13.50/month to £19.99/month.

Got BT Sport via Virgin Media? You'll pay £36/year more from 1 September. The exact amount you pay depends on the package, but all will rise by £3/month, regardless of the current cost.

Thanks to moneysavingexpert dot com for the information.

Give them a call and they will suspend the extra £3 for 6 months, if your contract is not up in the 6 months then it better than nothing.

the cost of bt sport is getting ridiculous, they pay stupid prices for football at the end of the day someone has to pay, the way things are going they will get too greedy and people just wont be able to afford to pay for their inflated services

the cost of bt sport is getting ridiculous, they pay stupid prices for football at the end of the day someone has to pay, the way things are going they will get too greedy and people just wont be able to afford to pay for their inflated services

Perhaps people will start to realise that it was better when it was just Sky at least the prices were reasonable, BT had to pay huge sums to wrench the rights away from them and now the public has to pay, already some of my friends have cancelled their bt subs due to the cost, at this rate bt will end up going belly up.

This is one of the reasons i canceled my sky package today.. What a rip off paying over 100 a month...
Kept me on phone an hour too, the cheek

Back