BT - fecking rip of con men!!!

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
Just over 1 month ago I signed up for BT option 2. Which is 8gb limit (I hardly ever download so that was enough), Free BT vision box and home hub.

Their terms stated that I would not be charged if I went over my 8bg limit or be cut off, they would just contact me and have a chat about upgrading to option 3 (unlimited under fair use policy.)

Last week I got a letter from them stating they had altered their terms, now option 2 was something like 12gb limit, but you have to pay for every gb you go over. WTF??? I never signed up to this, and what makes it worse I have just had a latter from them saying I am way over my limit at 18.3gb.

NAFF OFF, was my first thought, I know my computers and there is no way in the world my household uses 18gb a month!!!! They are also charging me for the extra gb's, the fecking cheeky twats.

Anyway after thinking about it, I may well have used 18gb, this is due to the fact the BT vision box streams their content over the internet connection.

So all in all they have sold me a package which is not fit for ti's purpose, 8gb limit should not be allowed to be sold in conjunction with a BT vission box!!! They have changed theie tersm after just one month meaning I have to pay extra!!

Oh and to top it off they have dropped the prices on all their monthly plans by £3 a month!!!

So I am paying more than everyone ekse, have had my initial contract ripped and and some other BS put in it's place, and have just been scammed with a package that is not fit for it's purpaose.

I will be calling them tomorrow demanding a free upgrade to option 3 or they can cancel my fucking connection the dirty the cheating sods!! No way am I getting robbed by the twats!!!

I hate it when companies have msall print, it should be against the law, the prints normally say they can alter their terms and conditions and any point during my contract, it is their option!!!! Fecking BS!!!! I imagine these robbing twats will have the same in place!!!!

when they change terms and conditions they have to give u 1 mths notice and if u dont like the changes u can cancel the contract
so if they bill u tell the to fook off

lol what a serice..

if that was my house id go over the limit purely by watching tv.. +8-10gb for downloading and webpages..

When i was bt, (twice customer) i always took the 3 month contract.. so i could try etc etc..

Anyway ended up cancelling as the broadband was poor.. long story short i was on 8mb.. dropped every 5 mins.. so they dropped it to 4.. still doing it.. ended up on a 512k connectiojn with dropouts.. and im 1.7km away from the exchange.... socket fitted by them... etc etc..

and same again the second time.. only this time they promised they would fix the problem and have me surfing @ 8mb.. 5 days after the reconnection i was on the phone cancelling.. under the right to cancel with 14 days :)..

now im on cable and im fine.. get what i pay for :)

ive heard of this bt vision thingy, wtf is that all about anyway ? and if a person gets option 3 does that mean its unlimited totally, no hidden small print again about fair usage crap and all that ?

When I spoke to BT Vision a while ago to query this they told me that VOD doesn't come out of your monthly allowance

Just found it on the BT vision website.......

Does BT Vision count towards my broadband usage guidelines?

BT Vision usage does not count towards broadband bandwidth usage. This means you can watch as much on-demand entertainment as you want without exceeding your broadband usage guidelines. BT Vision also benefits from a separate allocation of bandwidth that means it is not affected by congestion at peak times.

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.c...1152&p_cv=2.1152&p_cats=348,1152&p_faqid=9871

i used to be with BT years ago for my internet.

but they said that one month, i downloaded 146gb of stuff, and they ignored it, but following month, i downloaded 130+ gb, and tehy wanted £1 per gb for anything over something like 20gb so i had 2 choices, i either paid the remainder of the balance, or they would allow me to leave my contract early with no penalty. so i did and went with another provider.

Digicol- as has been stated VOD via BT Vision does not count towards the headcount BUT!!!!!!! watching streaming football, Iplayer or Channel4 VOD (PC Download) does along with You Tube and all the rest of them and that goes with all ISP's so just watch out.

Just gpt out of bed, will call them after I pick the kids up form school.

Butif that is the case with the Vision box, then for my life I have no idea how we have used over 18gb in the first month. I have never downloaded a movie in my life, oh sorry I did download one and it took over a day, and have still not watched it, that was only 500mb.

I know the kids use the computers a lot but for them to hit close to 18gb will be hard pushed considering they know naff all about downloading from torrents and such. In the past we used to use 5-8gb at max, never anywhere near this much, so I do have my doubts as to whether they have added on the Vision Box usage to my account.

For the kids to hit 18gb on u-tube would be like watching around 30 movies a month, and that is if streaming uses the same full download as you would if you were actually downloading the file, and I doubt that is possible for them to watch u-tube that much.

Ah warcraft 3, they play that online a lot, but surely playing one game a few hours a day online will not take up that much? Or will it?

Is it possible to get a breakdown of what I have used from them, or a rough guideline as you do with a phone bill? Or is that just a little beyond possibility?

do you have wireless internet m8.

maybe your next door neighbour knows your password and is using your services.

Lol, yeah mate we have wireless and next door did have my password for about a week, then they moved out and I changed my password, it was my partners sister, so come to think of it, yeah they may have hammered it a little, forgot about that.

But I will call BT anyway as I am not happy about the price drop and the change in terms, and they are still charging me full whack, it would be nice of them to contact existing customers and offer them the revised prices also, especially considering I have only been with them 6 weeks or so.

Would love to know Slasher as we pay extra for the kids channels, in fact we pay full whack for everything, I suppose our lass is a TVaholic, lol. Come to think of it, we could have a good Sky subscription for the cost of our BT connection, if only they offered 8mb with their package I think i would have considered it again.

For our connection, plus BT visions extras, + our phone line package I think we would pay almost £40 a month, or there abouts. I think we couold get full Sky+ for that, wth phome line and broadband.

Makes me wonder if I went the corect way to be honest.

Oh by the way, I apologise for my pissed up banter the other night, I was out of line. What turned from a rant on your behalf turned into a nightmare for me as the night went by and I had more and more and more to drink, lol. I could not see the wood for the trees mate, you were having a banter and I made a mess of your thread.

Soz mate.

DigiCol, install DUMeter on your PC/s to keep a check on the figures... PM me if necessry, I have the full version... ;)

Sky do offer up to 8Mb - its £5 on top of your base package. £10 will get you up to 16Mb and unlimited use (fair use policy applies).

Apart from the mundane HDD upgrade, the Vision box is not yet hacked in any useful way.

AFAIK VOD access is dished out via account number, which is linked to your landline.

There is a thread in the TV section about a member wanting a C++ programmer to help recompile the client so as to be able to use unsigned code to turn the vision box into a true PVR machine.

bulldog says to me they do unlimited broadband, i says ye right, whats your fair usage policy figures, they says not really any, we only ask that you dont rip the piss out of downloading stuff etc between the hours of about 6pm to 11pm, and that was it, so that sounded allrite to me man, i think it shall be minimum bt package for me which is just to get the line rental, thats 11quid a month, i need to keep that for a year as thats the thing with a new phoneline install from bt, contract for 12 months the fookers, so then i would pay 20 quid a month to bulldog for unlimited broadband and free 24/7 phonecalls, so total for each month will be 31quid per month, then after the year crap is up with bt i cancel bt contract and bulldog completley take over the line and the price drops to 20quid a month, sounds good to me :), as far as iam aware bulldog are the only company that will/can give you broadband and phone without you also having to pay stupid bt a rental too.

you dont need the bt subscription if you take bulldog, they take over the line so to speak and that way you can cancel your contract with bt and just pay for phone and internet from bulldog/tiscali, same thing.

I know thread is about downloads but for the vision side,the beauty about it is it's VOD you can opt in and out as you feel like it,there is no long term contract for the Vision part obviously you will be in a contract for the BT Broadband but even if you go to S*Y are they really cheaper? Your in min 12mth contract,pays for Box,you also pay add for Sky+ PVR ability to record whereas Vision you pay around a £30 one off fee for a top class PVR no tie in and lob a HDMI lead into it and the picture is superb.

So are BT really conmen the majority of ISP's require a BT Line so without BT they're all cattled as they will not infrastructure inplace because of the expense.

Wonder why S*Y don't offer broadband via satellite? oh aye that's right because the punters couldn't pay the cost's so they use BT as a cheap method of offering a service.

Back