Bsod problems again.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So, a short time ago I had continual bsod errors and I thought I had narrowed it down to a bad oculus rift driver or beta driver. After a clean install and reinstall, all was well.

I decided that since everything was stable I'd overclock my rtx 2060 using afterburner as it has a built in ocscanner which works well with rtx cards. After overclocking I started to get bsod's with kernel mode protection error, memory management errors and random freezing even when just at desktop. So I undid the oc but nothing changed.

Things I've tried so far.

Clean install 5 times so far and last one to a new ssd.

Removed all unneeded hardware then clean installed.

I've tested my power supply with a psu tester and everything was fine

Long story short, I had narrowed it down to either gpu, mobo or cpu. I borrowed a card from a friend and I'm still having the same issues. So I've not blown my gpu overclocking it.

So all that leaves is the cpu/mobo

Please note that I have tried other things not mentioned above I've tried that many that I can't remember lol

Anyone any suggestions?

Its strange. In my bios it reports one stick having timings of 15 15 15 15 39 and the other 16 16 16 16 39

Also running one stick at a time it still get automatically overclocked when overclocking is disabled.

Its strange. In my bios it reports one stick having timings of 15 15 15 15 39 and the other 16 16 16 16 39

Also running one stick at a time it still get automatically overclocked when overclocking is disabled.

At these speeds picoseconds matter.

Is there an update to your BIOS? This may fix memory detection rating issue.

Ensure you can downgrade again to whichever version you're currently using though in case update makes things worse.

Is there an update to your BIOS? This may fix memory detection rating issue.

Ensure you can downgrade again to whichever version you're currently using though in case update makes things worse.

I'm already at the latest version.

This is something to do with the memory controller on the cpu..... PC works fine when i underclock my ram and I can still game on it fine so won't bother replacing it unless it start to become a major issue!

Back