brother dcp340cw wireless connection probs

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi ppl,

I am having probs connecting my brother printer to my netgear wireless router...?
I have set the WLAN settings on the printer to my wireless network, and put in the right WEP key.. printer says "connecting" then "connected" with full signal strength.

the problem i have is this;

when i go into say a word doc and goto print, says printing in the print mgr, but nothing actually prints at the printer end....?? lol !!!
It says in the printer and fax settings that the printer is connected to usb001... but its not connected to any usb lol ?? is wireless...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

How did you install the printer ? When you install, XP usually asks if you want to print a test page.

It sounds like your installation has taken the default connection type which is USB. XP doesn't think that your printer is a network printer.

I would recommend re-installing and make sure that you install it as network printer.

hi,

thanks for the reply, have reinstalled and it works now... ya right xp couldnt see the printer as a network printer... so reinstalled it and wolla... works...
Thanks.

Mods pls delete/close...:D

Back