broken pin on tuner

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a db with new tuner the tuner was bit loose so no scaning menu, decided to chance it and sit in firmly in the slot still no scaning menu double check tuner is sitting firmly and it and still no menu so decided to take a closer look and notice 1 of the pins looks a bit funny so took the tuner back out and sure enough the 8 pin from the back had broken off so now im screwd warranty is void so no chance of sending it back now my question is can these be solder or replace the pin with another or do i need to get a new plugable tuner.

thx in advance

got a db with new tuner the tuner was bit loose so no scaning menu, decided to chance it and sit in firmly in the slot still no scaning menu double check tuner is sitting firmly and it and still no menu so decided to take a closer look and notice 1 of the pins looks a bit funny so took the tuner back out and sure enough the 8 pin from the back had broken off so now im screwd warranty is void so no chance of sending it back now my question is can these be solder or replace the pin with another or do i need to get a new plugable tuner.

thx in advance
everything is repairable
can u open the tuner
to see where the pin connects
maybe u can replace it there??

everything is repairable
can u open the tuner
to see where the pin connects
maybe u can replace it there??
the pins r sitting right @ the edge of the board and just outside the tuner casing cant find anything that can open up the tuner with gonna have to take it to me m8's later and do it ther

the pins r sitting right @ the edge of the board and just outside the tuner casing cant find anything that can open up the tuner with gonna have to take it to me m8's later and do it ther

Anyway You don't have warranty, so open tuner ( as You know-just don't broke it -cover is repairable ) and get one pin from somewhere and replace it.

I got 2 with loose tuners last Week. DVB shop told me to open up the boxes. One had a broken pin. He is replacing no problem, and no loss of warrenty

Hi all and sorry to hear of bad tuners. My first Dreambox was difficult to setup and stop the channel freezing. I followed all the links regarding signal problems and tried all the fixes .... but no good. It was pure luck I found that pressing on the aerial sockets an increase in signal strength was noticed.... I returned the box to supplier and a second box arrived with the tuner rattling about inside and on investigation I found the tuner could easily be dislodged as the pins don't seem long enough to fit into socket.... Maybe a design fault! I refitted the tuner but the box still showed exactly the same fault as the first box. I'm now a happy viewer with a perfect box. I'm sure in recent months there must be many boxes out there that have this fault and guys are spending hours of time and money going down the SIGNAL problem route. To all those guys buying cheap fakes... pay the extra and buy legit..... and send it back if it's faulty..... With the new 600c due out I don't think the manufacturer is worried about a few faulty units.

Back