british Gas /on benefits. ******

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
hope this helps some members or their parents etc.

Anyone on disability/or benefits and is a british gas customer can apply for a one off winter fuel rebate from BRITISH GAS by phoning 0845 601 2006 and speaking to the winter rebate team you will be asked for your customer i.d. along with some other questions,elec=£30,gas=£60 total £90,if successful you will be notified towards end of March.You can get more info if you contact British Gas rebate team,i think its worth the call as you might be as much as £90 better off just from making a phone call

more details

The rebate is available to dual fuel and single fuel customers.

To qualify for the rebate customers must be in receipt of at least one of the following benefits:

Disability Living Allowance
Pension Credit
Attendance Allowance
War Disablement Pension, which includes either a Mobility Supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance
Disablement Pension, which includes Constant Attendance Allowance
Carer's Allowance
Severe Disability Allowance
Child Tax Credit and with an annual household income of £14,600 or less
Working Tax Credit and with an annual household income of £14,600 or less
Council Tax Benefit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Income based Job Seeker's Allowance

How do I apply?

British Gas will be identifying and sending letters to customers that it considers are most vulnerable to hardship because of the latest price rises.

These customers will receive letters soon telling them about the 2006/07 rebate scheme.

At the same time, any customers in receipt of a qualifying benefit can call and register an interest in being included in the scheme on: 0845 601 2006.

Please note: Not everyone who qualifies and applies for a rebate will receive one. Although millions of people will be in receipt of at least one of the above benefits, availability is limited to just 300,000 rebates.

How much do I get?

Eligible gas customers receive two payments of £30. Eligible electricity customers receive two payments of £15. Both are credited to their energy bills.

British Gas said that pre-payment customers will be advised nearer the time about how their rebate will be made.

When will I get the money?

The first payment will be on the customer's last bill of 2006, and the second payment on their first bill of 2007.

What if I move house?

If you move house during the period of the agreement it may be transferred to your new address.

What if I change supplier?

Then any outstanding payments will be cancelled

Yes i got the rebate because i am incapacitated so it does work and is a great help with those winter bills as well. Thanks

good post

just applied hope i not to late thanks for this post

thank you single dad with 2 kids this helped me a lot cheers bobcat

Do you think being a student applies on a tiny wage??

cheers for that shaun just off phone to them possibly could get this myself said theyl send me a letter 2/3 weeks so heres hopin? pls note peaps u will have to have cusomer refrence number handy when phoning....if u find it difficult to get thru with number shaun posted phone 0845 955 5600 they will transfer u to winter rebate mob saves u time: multi :

Back