bricked modem

tremo1984

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there think iv bricked my modem but not sure iv been using max232 to connect wen i power up the modem it not giving me the p option the fist time i trid to flash it it let me in the menu but the tftp time out so i reboted it and it wont let me in

can any 1 help with this
thanks

When you say you re-booted do you mean you re-booted the modem or pc ?
I guess its either a Ambit 250 or 255 ?

When you say you re-booted do you mean you re-booted the modem or pc ?
I guess its either a Ambit 250 or 255 ?

i re boted modem and started again but it woudent let me in to the menu no p option

i re booted modem and started again but it woudent let me in to the menu no p option

Sounds like you bricked it but could be wrong what model modem is it ?

Also can you access the 192.168.100.1 page ?

its a ambit 250 i can access the page and it says mac address and loads ov outher stuff it lets me log in as well

yep you can login with user&pass as root :)

Can you copy and paste the info from the Cable Modem Infomation page so i can see what the software says you can edit the Mac out dont need to see that part.

its a ambit 250 i can access the page and it says mac address and loads ov outher stuff it lets me log in as well
then its not brick... restart hyperterminal and also check ur connection, make sure its making good contact with pins on the modem and disable any firewall or antivirus and try again...

here u go mate have a look an see wot u think

Cable Modem : DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 Compliant
MAC Address :
Serial Number :
Boot Code Version : 3.1.6d
Software Version : 2.94.1014
Hardware Version : 1.19

here u go mate have a look an see wot u think

Cable Modem : DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 Compliant
MAC Address :
Serial Number :
Boot Code Version : 3.1.6d
Software Version : 2.94.1014
Hardware Version : 1.19
did u try to flash it while coax feed was connected to modem as it seam to have taken the disabliing p update

no tried to falsh it and it timed out so connected it up and tried to connect to net
wen i tred to flash it agine it woudent give me the p option

is there any way to reverce the up dateand how do u no that it has the update so i no wot to look out for
chears mate nice 1

Back