bricked hitachi need help!!!

jase1985

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, here's my problem which i hope you can help with...................

i've got a 360 that had a bricked hitachi drive in it. i have the original key and here's what i have tried so far.

Firstly i tried slax 2.0 to put it in mode b but it would either stop the computer from loading up or take a really long time or it would load up but windows wouldnt pick it up.

So, i swapped the pcb board with one of my spares, got the drive into mode b and registered in windows. following that i used 360 firmware toolbox to, spoof the drive as a hitachi 47 (thats what the original pcb came from) i then replaced the drive key and flashed them to the drive. Following that i used the smart hack patcher then a differential flash patch. all seemed good.

i then disconnected everything and booted up the console as normal with an ORIGINAL 360 game and got the oh so lovely 'to play this game please put it in an xbox 360 console' or something like that.

After which i reconnected to my pc opened firmware toolbox and tried to do a differential flash restore whilst having the original firmware loaded, when it tried to read and detect for differences it showed a shit load of sectors (about 30) so i aborted.

Can anyone resolve this peacefully??? Thanks in advance guys.

i think u best ligting the flash and doing it manually

when i fooked up a drive i sent it to madmanc who sorted it

Hi all, here's my problem which i hope you can help with...................

i've got a 360 that had a bricked hitachi drive in it. i have the original key and here's what i have tried so far.

Firstly i tried slax 2.0 to put it in mode b but it would either stop the computer from loading up or take a really long time or it would load up but windows wouldnt pick it up.

So, i swapped the pcb board with one of my spares, got the drive into mode b and registered in windows. following that i used 360 firmware toolbox to, spoof the drive as a hitachi 47 (thats what the original pcb came from) i then replaced the drive key and flashed them to the drive. Following that i used the smart hack patcher then a differential flash patch. all seemed good.

i then disconnected everything and booted up the console as normal with an ORIGINAL 360 game and got the oh so lovely 'to play this game please put it in an xbox 360 console' or something like that.

After which i reconnected to my pc opened firmware toolbox and tried to do a differential flash restore whilst having the original firmware loaded, when it tried to read and detect for differences it showed a shit load of sectors (about 30) so i aborted.

Can anyone resolve this peacefully??? Thanks in advance guys.

TSOP is your only option.

The drive had been spoofed before I reckon.

the drive hasnt been spoofed before, the guy tried to flash the drive in it and the original firmware said it was a 47 drive,

"i think u best ligting the flash and doing it manually" could you elaberate on that at all, i cant make any sense of it.

Lifting the flash - exactly what I said, removing the TSOP from the board.

Try tools->flash string ID and change it back to what the PCB actually was - then smart hack patch, then flash spoof data again.

Stop if you get mutiple sectors again.

lol sorry for the typo

i meant lift the flash tsop

u will need a hot air rework station and a willem proggy with tsop adapter

sorry to hijack post but i've just bricked 2 hitachi drives just wondering is there anyone who can revive them please

Dont think yous have the abillity to TSOP, but seens as you have the key you could just buy a new dvd drive and flash your key to it or switch the PCBs.

Swapping PCB's wouldnt to anything if the flash is corrupt.

Hmm wonder why oggy was banned.

Anyways yep buy a new drive off ebay and flash your key on and do the relivent spoofing if your new drive is differnt fron the origional.

Dont think yous have the abillity to TSOP, but seens as you have the key you could just buy a new dvd drive and flash your key to it or switch the PCBs.

All depends on what drive you have, and how you bricked the, ,but I may be able to help

Back