[DM800HD] Bricked DM800hd pvr

Bobbalink

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I think I have a bricked box as I've checked and read all I can find CA error and attempted the no ca repair methods. I have a message on 'Dreambox NCF repair tool' : power on device (esc to abort), op start,DM800HD Detected: Wrong Boot Response:

And that's as far as I can get, I think it's bricked! any advice as to what is next IE: where to get hardware repair or have I missed something? Thanks

Hi I think I have a bricked box as I've checked and read all I can find CA error and attempted the no ca repair methods. I have a message on 'Dreambox NCF repair tool' : power on device (esc to abort), op start,DM800HD Detected: Wrong Boot Response:

And that's as far as I can get, I think it's bricked! any advice as to what is next IE: where to get hardware repair or have I missed something? Thanks

Just for clarity it shows no CA error on the front display ?

Do you have a null modem cable ?

You could try my guide to this problem

Repairing NO CA error with Dreamup_1_3_3_3.exe

Turn off the Dreambox
Preparation
Detach all cables from the Dreambox

• With 9-way to 9-way
    Attach the D type 9-way null modem cable to the back of the Dreambox
    Attach the other 9-way to the RS-232 port on the PC
  • With 9-way to USB
    Attach the Serial to USB cable to the other end.
    Plug the USB cable into your Laptop/PC
    Plug the null modem end into the Dreambox
Plug in an Ethernet cable into the router and the Dreambox. A network connection is much faster. It takes about 3 minutes compared to 90 minutes to flash.

Navigate to the Satellite Stuff folder on the PC and choose “Dreamup_1_3_3_3.exe”
Launch the program
If connecting via the serial port
Uncheck the “Use Network” box
The Serial Port works on COM1
If connecting via the ethernet port
Check the “Use Network” box
Either port
Press “Connect
The program will ask you to connect the box
Plug in the power cable
A Green progress bar will start to move
A message displays “Updating Flash Loader”
When it has finished the message displays “Box is in networked …. Mode”
Flash button will become active
Press “Flash
Navigate to the Satellite Stuff folder on the PC and choose “Secondstage_dm800_84.nfi”
Press OK
Wait for a few seconds
Message displays “OK Flash copy succeeded”
Press “Disconnect
Remove power lead

If connected via the serial port
You should be able to use the network now
Change Local IP = 192.168.1.10 (The IP address of the PC)
Change Remote IP (box) to the IP that is on the front of the STB
Change Select One = 192.168.1.10 (The IP address of the PC
Check the “Use Network” box
Press “Connect
The program will ask you to connect the box
Plug in the power cable
A Green progress bar will start to move
A message displays “Updating Flash Loader”
When it has finished the message displays “Box is in networked …. Mode”
Flash button will become active
Press “Flash
Navigate to the Satellite Stuff folder on the PC and choose your Image
e.g. “merlin-3-dm800-02-16-ramiMAHER-e3.nfi
Press OK - Wait for a few minutes
Message displays “Calculating Checksum, Updating to box, Box is flashing from its memory.
Finally “Box was flashed successfully”.
Just to make sure
Press “Disconnect
Remove power lead.
Plug power lead back in.
Front panel should start to boot
If it displays “No CA error” again try another image file.

Firstly, thank you for the replies, I have a null modem cable which is allocated to comport 1, something different has happened while using dreamup (patched) and optiflasher, in that the nic card is now flashing whereas both lights were on solid, but, when booting the progress bar goes about a third then stops and dreamup and optiflasher states 'wrong boot response'.
I cannot find the box IP even with dcc, and when boot while pressing button doesn't give any IP or stop it just goes into Multimedia booting then stops a third of the way along.
Originally it did state 'No Ca' www.7020.com etc and when I tried to use dreamup with just null modem the progress bar did not move. No hair left on head now!!! is there any way I can connect anything internally to repair it?

OK, I'll try and tackle the IP number first. I assume that you have your PC, Router and Dreambox connect via Ethernet. On the PC, click on the Window symbol and type cmd to get a DOS session.
Now type IPCONFIG

You should get a display showing your network config. We are interested in the IP number of the Router.
The number is displayed opposite Default Gateway.
Default gateway.......................10.0.0.1

Now we can fire up DCC and make sure that the IP of the Router is correct.
Now Press the Search button under the Router icon

When the next box appears Press the Search icon.
It ought to bring up the IP number of your box under the Router IP

Last edited:
Hi Wet Patch, Thank you for the reply however, the Ip of the box is not showing in ipconfig within cmd window or in my router, I believe the box has a hardware fault, it would be great if I could find a schematic diagram for it c/w test points so I can go at it with my multi-meter, I have tried but couldn't find any obvious problem. I found some guy saying to check F2 on the pcb but, that seems ok. no hair left at this point.

OK, let's have another go at trying to find an IP number for the box

Make sure that the box, router and PC are all connected with ethernet and switched on.
If you turn the router over it will have the Name and Password printed on a label. It's usually Name=admin and Password=admin.
You have determined the router's IP number by running IPCONFIG
At the PC, launch a browser and type in the router's IP number
It should ask for a name and password. Type in what was printed on the label.
Assuming you have gained access and are now in the router.
There ought to be a menu option that says "Attached Devices" or something similar.
If there is select that menu option and looked for DM800 and the relevant IP number
If it doesn't show then the ethernet connection and/or the tuner or the ethernet cable is knackered.

all this is surely already on forum
crap looking

Would have been useful if you said where on the forum. I'm just a newbie trying to help.

Hi Alimac, I do know the processes to access my box via pc and all of this is elsewhere on DW but, my problem is I've tried everything I can think of, so, I'm hoping to find some help here, but, by checking this forum I've come to the conclusion that the box is f**cked. But I am happy with the help people have been giving me as any help is better than none. my next step is to find a new box. Thankyou for all the help received.Bobbalink:THANKS:

What SIM do you have? 2.10, 2.01 ? It is important to know
Donciccio

good morning Sir,
please I have blade 8000 but its not loading and doesn't know how to repair it. please reply. thanks

good morning Sir,
please I have blade 8000 but its not loading and doesn't know how to repair it. please reply. thanks

Start a new thread this has nothing to do with your receiver this is for Dreambox DM800

Back