Brava Clutch Replacement

White Van Man

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am going to attempt to change my clutch on fiat brava myself as i can't afford garage labour charges.I take it i will have to disconnect drive shafts and drop the gear box.(as i want to replace the complete clutch(thrush bearing etc)I have heard you can use a socket as a alinement tool for the clutch can't remember what size i was told.Has anybody got any good tips for me and does the gear box have to come out.

Thanks
Inadvance.

I am going to attempt to change my clutch on fiat brava myself as i can't afford garage labour charges.I take it i will have to disconnect drive shafts and drop the gear box.(as i want to replace the complete clutch(thrush bearing etc)I have heard you can use a socket as a alinement tool for the clutch can't remember what size i was told.Has anybody got any good tips for me and does the gear box have to come out.

Thanks
Inadvance.
to change the clutch the gear box defo has to come out m8 as for the drive shafts they do not have to be split for the gear box but from the hub that holds the bearings u can leave the shafts connected tom the box its a bit fiddly but better than splitting form the box
as for aligning the new clutch i always did by eye just make sure its centred m8

Goto a hire shop and hire a clutch alignment kit, worth the extra few quid ;) You can use a socket with its shaft but its not as good m8.

You'll probly need a hand to lift the box back into place as they get a weee bit heavy when your trying to engauga the spines.

Thanks for your input.I Will make sure sombody with me when lifting gearbox (what are you 2 doing this Friday LOL)Thanks for the tip on the driveshafts.I estimate at garage about 3 hours, me doing it around 6 as never done one before.

Thanks for your input.I Will make sure sombody with me when lifting gearbox (what are you 2 doing this Friday LOL)Thanks for the tip on the driveshafts.I estimate at garage about 3 hours, me doing it around 6 as never done one before.
add a little time to that m8 remember u dont know where everything is then u have to remember how it all goes back together

well I changed the clutch everything went ok untill i decicided to drive away.i am having trouble now selecting gears and the gear leaver leans to the left side(passenger side.i have looked in the haynes manual but does not say how to adjust as this is hydralic clutch their is nothing to adjust. I have bled the system as well.i have notice on the gear selector their is two cables one that actually puts it into gear on the gear box and the other that sits on a leaver on top of gear box(sits on some sort of key way that will turn about 45 decress only and spring back.that one keeps the gear leaver nice and taught but the cable looks to short i have adjusted it right to the end of cable but still seems to short by about 2 inches yet looking at it does not looked trapped.This one is a mystery to me.Anyone come across this one before on a fiat brava?

Back