Branson off to space 3:30pm

Watching that was far more interesting and exciting to watch than any football game and much more important for the advancement of science and mankind.

Well done Sir Richard, Mach 3 in under 2 minutes, very impressive and that was a great landing from the pilot, gliding from 280,000 feet.

Now every ordinary person can go into space, as long as they are a multimillionaire of course 🤣

Well having seen Branson and now Bezos go to space I think they have both proven how brave they really are. Takes some balls to do that.
I knew Branson had balls as shown by him climbing over the top of a hot air balloon during his apprentice days and with his hot air balloon world record attempt, but was surprised by Bezos.

Fair play to them both. I bet Bezos's trip was uninsurable.

Well having seen Branson and now Bezos go to space I think they have both proven how brave they really are. Takes some balls to do that.
I knew Branson had balls as shown by him climbing over the top of a hot air balloon during his apprentice days and with his hot air balloon world record attempt, but was surprised by Bezos.

Fair play to them both. I bet Bezos's trip was uninsurable.
Will those be those Spaceballs like in the movie of the same name ;)

It would not be on my bucket list and if I had their money I would have found something better for me to spend it on for myself but it is a great achievement from them both that could lead to greater things for mankind.

As I've always said, "You can't take it with you." If I had the money I'd do the same. These are people that can own as many cars, houses, yachts as they want but having that experience of going into space is something only a handful of people have ever done in my life time.

My only disagreement is, its an experience that only the filthy rich will ever afford. I read the other day over a 1000 satellites worldwide were sent up in the past 12 months.
A space accident with debris is just round the corner

The nearest I ever got to space was a flight on Concorde from Manchester flying eastwards to get over the north sea from Hull then going at Mach 2 at just over 60,000 feet up to the arctic circle then back south to land at Charles de Gaulle airport. It was amazing to see the sky changing from a light blue if I looked out of the window and downwards then getting darker and darker as I looked straight out then going to black as I looked upwards. I don't think I really want to go any higher unless it meant I could get to Australia in under an hour by doing so :)

Back