brambles...

Joe1989

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sorted out my grans rather neglected garden and a neighbours backdoor is rather infested with brambles. THerefore its speading though the metal fence into ours, is their effective way of killing this? Weedkillers semes to do nout but i suspect thats due to the size of it!

I herd diesal works can anyone comfirm this?

thanks

Joe

I had the same problem, I used a load of weed killers. But I have heard salt water works and also Vinegar but it must be concentrated over 10-15%, so maybe you could add some extra lemon juice to get the mix up.

I have tried the salt water, It did seem to work but I can not be sure as I went and stuck a load of weedkiller over it after a week. I am getting there slowly but am also looking for a cheaper way to do all this.

I think you'd need to use a deep root killer, from what I've briefly read this seems to be the best way.

Deep Root Killer

Baaheeduk do you mix this with water or is it a powder mate, can't see how to use it on that site

Seems cheap too compared to some of the stuff I have seen

Baaheeduk do you mix this with water or is it a powder mate, can't see how to use it on that site

Seems cheap too compared to some of the stuff I have seen

Not sure to be honest mate! See a thread on another forum and apparently it's the only thing that worked for this fella. Best to pop along to B&Q to read the box, they're bound to sell it :)

do what i do with em, wait till there ripe then make blackberry wine out of em, or in my house, we call it "the baby maker" as last two women who drunk it (and got leathered) got pregnant....

do what i do with em, wait till there ripe then make blackberry wine out of em, or in my house, we call it "the baby maker" as last two women who drunk it (and got leathered) got pregnant....

I hope they didnt get leathered at yours you cheeky monkey

Don't pour diseal on there, you will **** up ground water.

Root killer can work but to be honest I have blackberry growning from next door and everyone I have spoken to says unless they kill their plant it will keep growing threw.

Don't pour diseal on there, you will **** up ground water.

Root killer can work but to be honest I have blackberry growning from next door and everyone I have spoken to says unless they kill their plant it will keep growing threw.

Maybe you could chuck some over the fence when no-ones looking

I would say looking at the link to the Deep Root Killer that to kill the weed above and below ground it will have to be diluted in water.

I have horsetail in my garden dug it up turned the soil over planted spuds in the soil and the bugger still coming up, think i will have to try some of this and see what happens.

Back